Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 07-10-2008, 03:40 PM
71st_Mastiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by robtek View Post
I also hope that the damage model includes that the engine gets worse if you use 110% for more than 5 min.
I just hope to see, at the very least, Beta testing by this winter!
" any failure you meet is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back "
Asus||i7x5930k||16gb3200||GTX10808gb||ATX1200Corsa ir||CBTitanium7.1||Win10x64||TrackIr4Pro/ir||gladiator pro mkII||siatekpedals||X52Throttle||G15Keyboard/RazerMouse||
32"LCD||2x7" lilliputs,1x9inc
Old 07-10-2008, 06:30 PM
Approved Member

tell me who doesn´t!!!
Old 07-10-2008, 07:55 PM
Approved Member

good discussion so far. well, maybe not so reat for the collaborating french girls!
Old 07-12-2008, 10:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99th_Flyby View Post
High over southern England, in the area of the London docks, you lead a flight of Emils, and see a climbing flight of Huricanes. Just as you're about to signal your flight to attack, suddenly a little red light comes on in your cockpit...
i'd be more worried about Oleg getting the visibility for distant aircraft right, rather then the fuel gauge warning light.

right now in il2 it is impossible to see that "climbing flight of Huricanes" below you unless you stick a telescope with tunnel vision out of your cockpit and slowly scan every yard of space below you.
Old 07-13-2008, 01:42 AM
Approved Member

good point, Zap. I'm guilty of being optimistic, if I may say so.
Flyby out
Old 07-13-2008, 02:39 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapatista View Post
i'd be more worried about Oleg getting the visibility for distant aircraft right, rather then the fuel gauge warning light.

right now in il2 it is impossible to see that "climbing flight of Huricanes" below you unless you stick a telescope with tunnel vision out of your cockpit and slowly scan every yard of space below you.
Considering that 'most' pilots that were shot down never saw their attacker, I think that that would be a fairly accurate representation. All credit to Oleg!

Its been a few years since I got behind the controlls of a cessna, but airplanes are hard to spot. Even when they're painted white and your both within a circuit at the same altitude, and the controller has told you where the other plane is!

"Wiskey India Foxtrot, Join down wind, follow the Piper Mid-Downwind!" "AaaH, Wiskey India Foxtrot"

Last edited by Skoshi Tiger; 07-13-2008 at 03:59 PM. Reason: wrong their
Old 07-14-2008, 03:45 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoshi Tiger View Post
Considering that 'most' pilots that were shot down never saw their attacker, I think that that would be a fairly accurate representation. All credit to Oleg!

Its been a few years since I got behind the controlls of a cessna, but airplanes are hard to spot. Even when they're painted white and your both within a circuit at the same altitude, and the controller has told you where the other plane is!

"Wiskey India Foxtrot, Join down wind, follow the Piper Mid-Downwind!" "AaaH, Wiskey India Foxtrot"
Back before I was grounded by diabetes, I vividly recall being in the landing circuit ever a small uncontrolled Australian regional airport at 1000' talking to a Dash 8 (50 seat twin turbo prop commercial flight) coming in on a straight in approach from 20 km out.

My passenger and I kept our eyes peeled for this aircraft whilst continuing our circuit and could not spot it. Eventually after 5 minutes had past we contacted the Dash 8 to confirm its position only to be advised by the pilot in control it was already on the ground and had cleared the runway (something he should have announced on the radio out of politeness if nothing else but regional commercial pilots can be a law unto themselves).

Sure enough on scanning the apron outside the main terminal, there was a very large shiny White and Red Dash 8. My passenger was an experienced pilot with several 1000 hours up yet soemhow this large brightly painted aircraft managed to land and taxi off the runway we were circling at 1000' and we missed it.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:46 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAim View Post
All LW flyers must get a French girlfriend whose daddy has a fishing boat and can meet them halfway accross the channel. This will allow for more time to fight over England. Herman however might not like the Idea so much. (or the girlfriends daddy)
Better for them is to fly then to mess with his daughter (from Dad's point of view).
Old 07-15-2008, 12:47 AM
Approved Member

I think most of the french fishing boat captin's would have had a boat hook for the express purpose of pushing the German pilot under water.

(substitute french accent) "It was all very tragic, I tried to save him for a bout 45 minutes, but he kept fighting me off! Don't worry my daughter we will find a nice french lad for you!"
Old 07-15-2008, 02:48 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zapatista View Post

I'm not so worried about the "climbing flight of Hurricanes" being invisible so much as I worry about the Hurricane/Spitfire I'm 250m behind just plain vanishing against the ground.

If Oleg can fix that, I'll be a happy camper.