Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 07-03-2008, 10:24 PM
Approved Member

Default So, about that little red light...

High over southern England, in the area of the London docks, you lead a flight of Emils, and see a climbing flight of Huricanes. Just as you're about to signal your flight to attack, suddenly a little red light comes on in your cockpit...
Sorry guys. Just want to know how much fuel the Emil has left when that little read light comes on. Perhaps more to the point, how many more minutes can the Emil stay in the air? I'm sure this question has been answered before, somewhere. But is it accurately modeled in SoW?
thanks,
Flyby out
Old 07-03-2008, 10:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99th_Flyby View Post
High over southern England, in the area of the London docks, you lead a flight of Emils, and see a climbing flight of Huricanes. Just as you're about to signal your flight to attack, suddenly a little red light comes on in your cockpit...
Sorry guys. Just want to know how much fuel the Emil has left when that little read light comes on. Perhaps more to the point, how many more minutes can the Emil stay in the air? I'm sure this question has been answered before, somewhere. But is it accurately modeled in SoW?
thanks,
Flyby out
I'm sure the fuel load and consumption will be accurately modelled in BoB. But how many LW pilots are going to fly all the way from France, weaving above their bombers so that they have only fuel for 10 minutes above London? Not many is my guess (probably the name number of RAF pilots that will want to spend the first 10 minutes of every mission trying to get up to the height of the bombers). And about just as many will head on back once they reach bingo fuel! (Hopefully, the German sea rescue will be modelled or the LW pilots are good swimmers!)

Also in quick missions and Dogfight servers it’s all very academic anyway as the service conditions aren't reproduced.
Old 07-04-2008, 01:07 PM
Approved Member

Maybe so, but I thought I'd read that London was within the extreme range of the Emil. I'll check and get back at this.
Flyby out
Old 07-04-2008, 04:30 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoshi Tiger View Post
But how many LW pilots are going to fly all the way from France, weaving above their bombers so that they have only fuel for 10 minutes above London? Not many is my guess (probably the name number of RAF pilots that will want to spend the first 10 minutes of every mission trying to get up to the height of the bombers).

well i for one will be doing this, its all part of a realistic sim, if you dont do this then your missing the whole point of the game, hastily scrambled spits and hurricanes being dived upon by 109's is what happened and what will happen for the 109's to gain any sort of victory.
Old 07-04-2008, 05:03 PM
Approved Member

There will undoubtably be options to suit most everyones sense of gameplay. So set the option that turns your crank and have fun.
Old 07-04-2008, 08:09 PM
Approved Member

Well guys,
I must admit that one good COOP in the Emil where I take off, fly to England, then try to get back home has it's appeal. I agree with repent that it's the whole point of the game. Why talk about unprotected sex if you're just going to whack off in the first place?
Flyby out
Old 07-04-2008, 08:23 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by repent View Post
well i for one will be doing this, its all part of a realistic sim, if you dont do this then your missing the whole point of the game, hastily scrambled spits and hurricanes being dived upon by 109's is what happened and what will happen for the 109's to gain any sort of victory.
+1 Thats what it is all about isn't it? Why ask for as realistic a sim as you can get,then play it like an arcade game.
Old 07-04-2008, 10:17 PM
Approved Member

It shall be as it once was, little doubt

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 07-05-2008, 01:42 AM
Approved Member

Hope you guys are right.

I will be using my usual historical tactic of running away at the first sign of trouble and being creative with my claims! <bg>
Old 07-07-2008, 12:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoshi Tiger View Post
Hope you guys are right.

I will be using my usual historical tactic of running away at the first sign of trouble and being creative with my claims! <bg>

LMAO...I'll just fly a hurri.