Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 06-07-2008, 04:47 PM
Approved Member

Hi to all, as it's my first post here

Frankly, I must say that the Skyraider is a real beauty, I can't wait to be able to fly it over Korea!

The level of details of the aircrafts is also awesome, not very far from the numbers of polygons used for static 3d renderings!

I can already head Mr. Nehalem knocking at my door
Old 06-07-2008, 05:34 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanner View Post
How is it that the Beaufighter is going to be AI only when we can fly in now in IL2?? Let's not go backward here in the number of flyable planes or remove previously flyable planes. That makes no sense.
Well ...we do have a Beaufighter Mark 21 which arrived in Pacific Fighters...which is a RAAF version with American engines and different armament. A Mark I is going to be a bit different in probably a number of different ways. Just because its AI in the initial release doesn't mean it won't be later either....but I think it'd be more interesting and more fun to have a fully functioning Beaufighter Mark X with full capabilities later on. Read up on the type to find out why that might be interesting. The Mark I wasn't a really big player anyways...its the later version where the type came into its own.
Old 06-07-2008, 05:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyivan1970 View Post
Gosh, you are hard to please... First, everybody screams give us something, just a little bit...a little sneak pick... Now that update is posted... not good enough. Oh well....
Probably understandable seen the time everybody waits for an update and just 24hours after the community got pearl harboured with Birds of Prey. A litle bit of sarcasm in some posts doesn't surprise me. I think folks here had more in mind than the "usual" dev shot of a wip a/c on blue background.

What I can't for the hell figure out is why 1C doesn't do a dev blog. That is standard for so many games today, FS included. Oleg wouldnt even have to do it personally.
Old 06-07-2008, 05:43 PM
Approved Member

I am astonished valuable time is being wasted on the Anson and Bf 108---neither are necessary for a B of B sim (OK, the Anson gives Heinkel 111s something to dominate). A Hudson makes more sense. One would have hoped for a flyable Beaufighter IF so that a radar war would have been possible for the Blitz. Considering the non-importance of the Gladiator to the Battle of France and B of B, its inclusion is another brain-pithing stunner.

As for the Korean War aircraft---WOW!

Last edited by leitmotiv; 06-07-2008 at 05:47 PM.
Old 06-07-2008, 05:46 PM
Approved Member

The level of detail, as mentioned by others, is astounding.

Take a close look at the AD 4 cockpit shot. Look at the cowling, see those exhaust stacks? All part of the new complex DM?

Look at the panel textures on the F-82 and P(F)-51.

Personally I can't wait.

Great update.

Personally speaking, the P-40 could contend on an equal footing with all the types of Messerschmitts, almost to the end of 1943.
~Nikolay Gerasimovitch Golodnikov
Old 06-07-2008, 05:49 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOM.Nausicaa View Post
Probably understandable seen the time everybody waits for an update and just 24hours after the community got pearl harboured with Birds of Prey. A litle bit of sarcasm in some posts doesn't surprise me. I think folks here had more in mind than the "usual" dev shot of a wip a/c on blue background.
I don't actually see any 'updates' in those pics.They mean nothing.They are nothing a graphic artist could not knock up in a week.A REAL update would be nice (God forbid in game shots or video)
Old 06-07-2008, 05:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leitmotiv View Post
I am astonished valuable time is being wasted on the Anson and Bf 108---neither are necessary for a B of B sim (OK, the Anson gives Heinkel 111s something to dominate). A Hudson makes more sense. One would have hoped for a flyable Beaufighter IF so that a radar war would have been possible for the Blitz. Considering the non-importance of the Gladiator to the Battle of France and B of B, its inclusion is another brain-pithing stunner.

Such theatrics.

"Brain pithing stunner." LOL!!!!!!!!!!

The Med expansion will no doubt follow very quickly after the release of BoB. Can you imagine the howling if "Faith", "Hope", and "Charity", were not included for the defense of Malta?

No one on this, or any board has a clue about the actual scope of Storm of War. Why not save your acerbic commentary till after the release, when it might actually have a basis in fact?

Sometimes I wonder how old you guys actually are.

Personally speaking, the P-40 could contend on an equal footing with all the types of Messerschmitts, almost to the end of 1943.
~Nikolay Gerasimovitch Golodnikov
Old 06-07-2008, 05:58 PM
Approved Member

Awsome , im very happen nice work OLEG .
Im so impressed by how the planes around like 100% modelet from exterior to the skeleton and engines etc, may i dream of the day we get to se the damage models .

Im thinking they'll be quite advanced.
Old 06-07-2008, 06:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOM.Nausicaa View Post
What I can't for the hell figure out is why 1C doesn't do a dev blog. That is standard for so many games today, FS included. Oleg wouldnt even have to do it personally.
Past experiences is the key phrase here. Early in the Il-2 development he sought active contact with the prospective customers for feedback and support ... and the result were, essentially, completely overblown expectations followed by "sour-grapes" accusations of bias, insinuations of various rather personal kinds and a few more things that surely showed Oleg that this close a contact to the "fans" is impossible. Unless, of course, he wouldn't mind being sent to the nearest rubber cell in a straightjacket around the time of SoW's release. Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't.
Old 06-07-2008, 06:28 PM
Tree_UK

Some very nice 3d pics again, and news of a console game. Now move along people nothing to see here.