Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 06-10-2008, 06:41 AM
Approved Member

Thanks for the up-date. I'm really excited about Project Galba. The mix of late WW II equipment and early jets will add a whole new dimension to the sim. I hope you guys plan carrier ops. Skyraiders and Cougars off a carrier will be GREAT! (Not to mention Sea Furies and Corsairs...).

It would make sense to me to enable the merging or at least the ability to import/export aircraft and objects from one to the other. It would seem to me that this would cut down on the amount of labor the development team would have to put in on modeling. The ability to take a truck, for instance, and simply import it from SOW into Galba, instead of having to model it over again. Not to mention that several of the aircraft which should appear in Galba will eventually appear in SOW, assuming that it expands into the Pacific theater in WW II.
Old 06-10-2008, 07:12 AM
Registered Member

Smile

Korea.... Korea..... BoB is dead to me.. Give me Korea.
Old 06-10-2008, 07:45 AM
Tree_UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by proton45 View Post

I hope your ok with things and hold no ill-will (I don't)...anyone I may have called a whiner (more or less) asked for it by posting their comments in a provocative manor, and you know it. I never called anyone a whiner who was sincere about their comments.
Yeah im ok and there is no ill will here. S!

Last edited by Tree_UK; 06-10-2008 at 07:47 AM.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:03 AM
Approved Member

Too burned out from years of hoping and wishing and seeing naught. Finding it too hard to summon even a modicum of enthusiasm for more blue-screen wip's. Couldn't even bring myself to bother saving these ones to my hard drive. And to think I used to be so enthusiastic about SoW....
Old 06-10-2008, 02:27 PM
Approved Member

@feathered

you might have been enthusiastic but your endurance seems way too low.
Old 06-10-2008, 02:29 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robtek View Post
@feathered

you might have been enthusiastic but your endurance seems way too low.
+1

Get it up is one thing, keep it up another.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:13 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luthier View Post
"oh no we waited a year and what do we get, manifold pressure in that video goes down .2 seconds too soon after carburetor impact ice forms, how dare you sirs!"
LOL

That is exactly my experience... many of us are rivetcounters buit in fact have no clue at all. me included.

but i will still be counting rivets in the future, cound on that !

For all else: thank you, thank you thank you.
Old 06-11-2008, 01:25 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by proton45 View Post
The comments about rudeness where mostly posted in response to "someone" calling Luthier a liar (a comment that Luthier took "great offense" from). You will not find the offending comment anymore because it was changed...
it doesnt need your petulant remarks to stir up the dust after the issue has already been settled by the relevant parties, and btw the post in question not say "liar, liar, pants on fire", neither was the word liar used.

what was said, is something like "i dont believe you" (that it was a coincidence we get some new screenshots within 24 hrs of the proverbial hitting the fan when we suddenly find out il2/bob has gone to consoles, while previously for 3 months there is no update in this forum but we have been told "something big is being worked on").

and yep with hindsight the overall tone in the initial msg was maybe stronger then needed (as somebody pointed out diplomatically at the time, after which it was edited), but it was written at the hight of the great "BoB console crisis" of 2008, when tempers were getting a little frayed. and all those events came and went, completely without your involvement or participation.

with people like you its as if we are in a monty python movie "the life of brian", and anytime something said by the messiah is questioned, the response from the brown tongues is as if somebody in the crowd yelled "jehova".

Last edited by zapatista; 06-11-2008 at 01:27 PM.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:27 AM
Approved Member

About this comment:

Quote:
There is a Korea sim in development. Probably it will not be possible to merge Korea with BoB, but within the limits of online play it should be possible to move aircraft from one to the other. But the main programmer hasn't confirmed that for me, and I should also check it with the marketing guys…I think you know what I mean.
frome here:

http://www.freewebs.com/heinkill/stormofwarnews.htm

I'm of course thinking of the Invader, which is a must for a Korea sim, but also very interesting for late WWII scenarios.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:03 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisDNT View Post
About this comment:

frome here:

http://www.freewebs.com/heinkill/stormofwarnews.htm

I'm of course thinking of the Invader, which is a must for a Korea sim, but also very interesting for late WWII scenarios.

Thanks for the heads up. Great collection, but all these "Q&A" are collected single statements from this very forum