Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 06-02-2008, 11:50 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by revi View Post
8.58am GMT
Old 06-02-2008, 04:48 PM
Approved Member

"Panem et circenses"
A good and old way to avoid riots...
Old 06-02-2008, 05:46 PM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFC_Dolphin View Post
I'm extremely bored and need to write something completely useless

So, the question is simple:
WHEN???

I expect some original replies and not the usual "2 weeks"
No reason to be bored.

Just go over to the http://allaircraftarcade.com/forum/index.php

Check out the forums and maybe mess around with some of the mods.

I particularly enjoy the mod that allows you to go between 4.08 and 4.09.

There are plenty of mods that will keep your interest for next couple months at least.

I know these mods maybe a NO NO on this forums, but I think the 1C:Maddox should realize they haven't done much for us (pitiful as we are) users for at least 6 months.

So, instead of patches that Oleg would have to be rolling out to lower the thunder from users, the mods are a nice diversion for users. Oleg has already stated he's done with the IL2 series, which is cool I guess.

I'm not trying to start an issue with 1C:Maddox in providing the linke to mods site. I just think in all fairness to Oleg's dedicated and loyal fan base he should wink at the mods and move on to the bigger and better things of BOB SOW.

I certainly won't be distracted from buying a copy of the BOB SOW when it is released...by IL2 series mods

Last edited by nearmiss; 06-02-2008 at 05:50 PM.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:56 PM
Approved Member

Nearmiss, I hope you don't get banned for revealing the location of the mod website.

Now that the pure hysteria has subsided a bit, I'm sure many can appreciate what enormous scope and potential there now is for what might well be the last great WW2 flight sim ever made.

For me, the added content and greater levels of realism that I've been able to get into my offline game means that I love this sim more now, than I have ever done in the past.
Old 06-03-2008, 01:24 PM
Approved Member

Yesterday I was shot down online by a Me.210 on a locked server. I think this hysteria doesn't come out of thin air and I would remove the link - especially on this forum.
Old 06-03-2008, 01:41 PM
Tree_UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feuerfalke View Post
Yesterday I was shot down online by a Me.210 on a locked server. I think this hysteria doesn't come out of thin air and I would remove the link - especially on this forum.
Wow, Oleg should get some of these boys onboard, their mods come thick and fast, and it sounds like he could do with a hand.
Old 06-03-2008, 01:42 PM
Approved Member

"Nearmiss, I hope you don't get banned for revealing the location of the mod website. "

Ummmmmmmm...Is there anyone here who dose'nt already know where that site is....I doubt it.
Old 06-03-2008, 03:49 PM
Global Moderator

Guys... I'm an old salt. I've be a diehard IL2 simmer since IL2 ver 1.0 I can't remember how many years ago that has been. LOL

I've bought every copy of every IL2 sim, and gifted them to many friends.

After all my loyal years and contributions to the IL2 community of users I believe I should be allowed passage on a little thing like a site link.

I'm not trying to stir trouble. Oleg knows he is pretty well done with the IL2 series. I'm sure it is frustrating for him to see his baby (IL2) get plundered by mods that... to his thinking are problems. Honestly, I love the maps, but that is about it for me.

I'll still be first in line to buy Oleg's new BOB, and I'll probably gift it to a half dozen friends in the first six months of release.

I'm a fan, but not a brown-noser fan boy.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:33 AM
Approved Member

Actually, my hope for Oleg and this new Il-2 modding business is that a commercial developer will see the scope that the game still has and put down cash to license the engine. That way we win, and so does MG.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:36 AM
Approved Member

Honestly I think that once SoW is released 3rd party developers rather tend to use the option to model planes for this game, rather than sticking to a 10 year old engine. IL2 has many possibilities, but most of them are really scratching the edge and like the multi-engined planes need a lot of scripting to keep them flying.

With a more modular and realistic engine that allows to model custom planes like SoW I doubt many people will try to make a fortune out of IL2.