Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 05-08-2008, 08:36 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddmd80 View Post
Stick to flying only one aircraft type until you are able to work around that aircrafts "limitations" (this takes a lot of time and patients). When that is achieved you will find that your tactics for that type aircraft: scanning, tracking, engaging and egress all become better because of this. I agree full real settings with cockpit on is the only way to go.

Good Hunting
yes, I understand. After realising there is no way around this, I payed more attention to the enemies flightpath and mine, this has improved the immersion as well as my flying.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:41 PM
Approved Member

I find that when I pitch, roll and yaw ( just to avoid the framing to keep my enemy in sight) and intentionally switch between normal and gunsight view, I can (as much as possible) get around the "framing" issue. I say "as much as possible" as it will always be a problem to some degree.
Old 05-10-2008, 12:55 AM
Approved Member

I am just one of the many who suffer of CSS syndrome.

I partially blame my crappy vid settings (low end card) tho.
Old 05-10-2008, 03:50 AM
Approved Member

It is a shame there is not a button that could create transparency in the frame. Wouldnt that be useful until 6DOF?
Old 05-13-2008, 05:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by proton45 View Post
I like the idea of flying without icons, but I always have more fun with the "range/color" icon's on.

I wish that their was a way to have just the color on without the range (or other information).
You can set your own mpdotrange, if the server you fly permits icons. Each parameter can be individually set:

DOT
COLOR
ID
TYPE
NAME
RANGE

For example:
mp_dotrange FOE DOT 10.0 COLOR 5.0 RANGE 0.01 TYPE 5.0 ID 0.01 NAME 0.01

will show only the aircraft type and color starting at 5 km away.
Old 05-14-2008, 12:23 AM
Approved Member

If flying full real, put him in the middle of one of your forward windows, offcentre, and keep him there, smack bang in the middle. You wont hit the ground unless he already has. You only need to correct your speed to avoid stalls. you will also be making lag pursuit by doing this. Do not take your eyes off him even if its giving you eyestrain looking at a tiny dot. practise flying like this takes a lot of time because you are never directly thinking about where your aircraft is pointing, and this means that eventually you gain good skill in situational awareness as the aircrafts path starts to become more of a subconcious thought. Usually i will put them in a window which is quite offcentre, as this allows once you are close to decide on what type of yoyo-ing to do.

Last edited by Shrike_UK; 05-14-2008 at 12:29 AM.