Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 06-30-2008, 07:39 AM
Approved Member

Default Gunners Recoil

There is no recoil for gunners weapons actually in IL-2. Is this real? I think that because this we had "sniper" gunners.

In next IL-2 series there will be recoil for gunners weapons?
Old 07-01-2008, 02:54 AM
Approved Member

Interesting point. Gunners have dispersion in Il-2. But it is quite possible that the different types of gun mountings aren't as fully modeled as they could be. It would also be neat to see the gunners using more varied behaviours such as firing short bursts to gauge distance or panicking/spraying bullets.

I think the biggest mistake in Il-2 is giving all types of gunners similar behaviour. A German gunner with >500 rounds available is going to behave quite differently than an Il-2 gunner who only has 150 rounds.

It would also be nice to have more interaction with the gunner (eg. the gunner yelling "hold still I'm trying to aim" or "we're under attack" or "break left"). Anyway, I'm sure that Oleg will have some surprises waiting for us in SoW:BoB.
Old 07-01-2008, 08:55 AM
Approved Member

I agree that gunners bullets should be more scattered.

I don't know it the recoil is modeled wrong, though. Remember that these weapons are not hand-held on most aircraft and most positions but fixed on a pivot that is part of the airframe.

See how little recoil the Cal50 puts on the gunner on a simple tripod and you can imagine what little recoil is left if the gun was fixed:

Old 07-03-2008, 03:36 AM
Approved Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by weiwei View Post
Two detective policemen, Mr. Gregson wow gold and Mr. Lestrade came to Holmes for advice on a mysterious crime, in which a Mr. Enoch J. Drebber had wow gold been murdered at an empty house at 3, Lauriston Gardens off the Brixton Road. They examined the place and found a wow power leveling ring and a blood word "RACHE" on the wall. Both Mr. Gregson and Lestrade went on the wrong track. One of them caught Arthur Charpentier, son of Mr. Drebber's former landlady, as the killer, while the other followed Mr. Drebber's secretary Stangerson, who wow powerleveling also fell into the hand of Death by the time being found.weiwei1978123
That's an interesting take on gunner's recoil. Now go have another mushroom
Old 07-08-2008, 03:19 AM
Approved Member

Default About the Video

In this video the gunner shots only short bursts. This helps make aim more sharp. Long burst result in large spread of the bullets. This doesnt happen in IL-2.

If you pay attention real machine gunners shot small bursts!
Old 07-08-2008, 03:30 AM
Approved Member

See this video. Aparentelly the gun bounce very few, but see how large is the spread at distance. This guys are a little retard but well...

Last edited by 2Jasta11_Niederhoff; 07-08-2008 at 03:32 AM.