Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 06-03-2008, 02:20 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanK View Post
To those that say they deliberately "stall one wing" how do you do that , what control inputs do you use to "stall" just one wing ?
Lots of different ones but the key is in the rudder work. I find the rudder is key to keep the nose pointed in the right direction.

I've used all kinds of stall techniques to try and get out of harms way. Usually they are last resort and they almost never work but occasionally it helps me out. The best is the spiral with a dose of hard rudder which makes the plane half spiral and half spin...not a good idea to keep going but in a pitched defensive move with some altitude for recovery it can shake the opponent.
Old 06-03-2008, 03:02 AM
Approved Member

I agree. Its also good to remember that speed matters (aircraft handle differently at high speed, in a dive etc.) and that sometimes the controls used can be counter intuitive. So, experiment.
Old 06-07-2008, 12:24 PM
Approved Member

Wing stalling on purpose?... you bet
Old 06-07-2008, 12:30 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAim View Post
Any spin is a stall of one wing, as is a hammerhead. It requires the input of all controls. If you wish to argue the fine points of what is and is not a stall, you may go ahead and do so, I won't participate.

I always thought a "hammerhead" manouvre was a controlled turn using vertical climb... rudder the wing over, then dive.

It's amzing to watch magpies doing these kinds of manouvres when battling invading mynor birds (hassling little blighters they are) , to protect the nest.