Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 04-22-2011, 09:24 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Buzzsaw* View Post
Salute

If you haven't seen them already, the reviews in German gaming magazines, on Gamespot and PC Gamer have panned the game.

Maybe those reviews were deserved, but the fact is, if this game goes under, no one is going to suffer but us flight simmers.

All those posters on these boards who I see whining and complaining better understand something:

If this game goes under, you will have nothing to do but whine. No game, no development, NOTHING.

The only smart thing to do at this point is to support the developers, give them POSITIVE feedback on issues.

Don't harp on issues which have been mentioned a hundred times, there is no point.

Unless you WANT the game to fail.

I personally have bought a copy online, and will be buying another hard copy in the stores when it arrives.

DO NOT KID YOURSELF. THIS GAME IS ON THE EDGE.
+1!
Old 04-22-2011, 09:24 AM
Tvrdi

Well I already bought the game...and reported many bugs and not working things...and still Im waiting to play this sim without probs...so, what else I can do....get naked?
Old 04-22-2011, 09:26 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvrdi View Post
Well I already bought the game...and reported many bugs and not working things...and still Im waiting to play this sim without probs...so, what else I can do....get naked?
Always an option!

Then again...screenshot or it didn't happen
Old 04-22-2011, 09:38 AM
Approved Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeanze View Post
The name Clod is fecked now. I wouldn't be surprised if 1C release a "new" kinda Forgotten Battles in 6 months or so like they did with IL-2. All functions incorporated and patched etc.

I'll support 1C and Olex and the gang whatever they do cause they gave me so much fun with the IL-2 series (especially PF).
... yes the old IL2 was much fun the last 10 years, and so will be this new one in future I hope.
The only mistake they (whoever "they" are? Ubiubiubi...?) have made with IL2-CoD, they have released the sim much too early!

But since the launch of gaming consoles (playstation etc.,....) the sloppiness has started. Most of the console games are "work in progress" when they are released and so this crap started and went on "infecting" pc games as well, you can guess by my words, I hate gaming consoles!

Be patient (not like me ), this will be a great flightsim, it only needs more time.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:40 AM
Approved Member

Quote:

It's NOTHING to do with hardware, I bought it the day it came out, my 2600k overlocked just fell on it's ar$$. Under 10FPS and massive pauses, blocky graphice, I think FS 5.1 looks better.
------------------------------------------------------

If it fell on its ar$$ it must be something you've done or haven't done or your graphic card is crap.
I am running that cpu with a 5780 with all on high, except grass off, ssaa off, roads off and it runs just fine, looks great and with hardly a stutter.
You need to look at your hardware especially memory. to say it has nothing to do with hardware is just not right.

Granted it will run better once more patches are out. Yes it's a disappointment but one thing is certain the gnashing of teeth, crying and denigrating the sim will only do great harm to the only genuine hard core WW2
game on the market.
cheers, I'm off to enjoy a sortie over France.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:49 AM
Approved Member

Old 04-22-2011, 09:53 AM
Approved Member

we know that by nature simulators are a niche product, but surely such low reviews don't help.

Objectively the sim was released for sale in a late beta stage, and whilst being playable, it shows signs of incompleteness that could put off the average player.

Apart for flight model alleged inaccuracies, things like faulty damage model, bad performance and beta sounds are surely not a good thing.

Let's not forget that this (BoB) actually is a niche product within a niche product, and while for us it's a milestone in the sim world which is just the beginning of a new era, it might take some time for the rest of the world to fully appreciate it, and in my humble opinion this depends again on the lack of efficient PR from Maddox games. All the game houses out there have learned the importance of effective PR, while Maddox keeps on playing this KGB game that surely doesn't help with making their new product popular, esp in a world where players have a very low attention span..

Having said this, i think that as long as Maddox is funded I don't see a dark future, so I wouldn't go as far as saying that it's on the edge.

EDIT:
It is also true though that the evolution of a simulator is different than other games, but again it would help if Maddox Games gave a clear direction for the years ahead, too many "maybe" and "can't tell".

Last edited by Sternjaeger II; 04-22-2011 at 10:20 AM.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:03 AM
Approved Member

This is getting boring.
No one can blame people who report their problems and their frustration on their Clod experience.
WTF, do you think that people have nothing better to do than attacking the combat flight sim they've been waiting for so many years?
I've been privately discussing this game with Oleg for more than 5 years. I've been sending him suggestions and have this game on my mind all this time and what do you think now? Do you think that suddenly I changed my mind and said to myself "let's attack the project that was on my mind for so many years"?
Do you think that in such a difficult financial time for my country and myself, I spent almost 1.500 euros for new pc/hotas/software for this game and only this, and then got nuts and started attacking it?
Some must be an idiot to believe this.

And I'm not talking about myself, since I've only made some mild critic on the game, but for those who have done the worse attacks on the game and devs, and I say that they deserve to be heard. WTF, this is not a religion where a God comes and the rest bend. Everyone who wants has the right to speak himself and in the end only the facts will prove him right or wrong. Stop attacking people of the community for the way they communicate their message and focus on their message and this is obvious that it is right. The game is not what we all expected. It will be the best combat flight sim and I'm sure of it, but this doesn't mean that in the progress of getting there people are not entitled to criticize it.

We all have to act according to our position. We, the clients, should point out the problems and staying here is the proof of our support.
WTF, we bought the game, we're here discussing it every day, we spent a lot of money to make it work; what more can we do?
Developers should read problems and fix them and keep in mind that as long as they're spending their time on improving the game, in the end they will have the most satisfied audience, exactly as they did have it with IL-2. And in the end, unlike games with maximum lifespan (and economic performance) of one year, this game will be the developer's Purple Cow that will feed them for many-many years to come.
When Crysis and Metro will be a fade memory, this new IL-2 generation will still have thousands of people playing it and spending money in it.
Don't anyone forget this and let's all do our best about it. Others pointing out the problems and others fixing them. Each to his own duty.

Last edited by HFC_Dolphin; 04-22-2011 at 10:11 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-22-2011, 10:07 AM
Tvrdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFC_Dolphin View Post
This is getting boring.
No one can blame people who report their problems and their frustration on their Clod experience.
WTF, do you think that people have nothing better to do than attacking the combat flight sim they've been waiting for so many years?
I've been privately discussing this game with Oleg for more than 5 years. I've been sending him suggestions and have this game on my mind all this time and what do you think now? Do you think that suddenly I changed my mind and said to myself "let's attack the project that was on my mind for so many years"?
Do you think that in such a difficult financial time for my country and myself, I spent almost 1.500 euros for new pc/hotas/software for this game and only this, and then got nuts and started attacking it?
Some must be an idiot to believe this.

And I'm not talking about myself, since I've only made some mild critic on the game, but for those who have done the worse attacks on the game and devs, and I say that they deserve to be heard. WTF, this is not a religion where a God comes and the rest bend. Everyone who wants has the right to speak himself and in the end only the facts will prove him right or wrong. Stop attacking people of the community for the way they communicate their message and focus on their message and this is obvious that it is right. The game is not what we all expected. It will be the best combat flight sim and I'm sure of it, but this doesn't mean that in the progress of getting there people are not entitled to criticize it.

We all have to act according to our position. We, the clients, should point out the problems and staying here is the proof of our support.
WTF, we bought the game, we're here discussing it every day, we spent a lot of money to make it work; what more can we dot?
Developers should read problems and fix them and keep in mind that as long as they're spending their time on improving the game, in the end they will have the most satisfied audience, exactly as they did have it with IL-2. And in the end, unlike games with maximum lifespan (and economic performance) of one year, this game will be the developer's Purple Cow that will feed them for many-many years to come.
When Crysis and Metro will be a fade memory, this new IL-2 generation will still have thousands of people playing it and spending money in it.
Don't anyone forget this and let's all do our best about it. Others pointing out the problems and others fixing them. Each to his own duty.
well said mate...If I dont care I would trash this sim and never look back....
Old 04-22-2011, 10:19 AM
Approved Member

saved by the post
Intel 980x | eVGA X58 FTW | Intel 180Gb 520 SSD x 2 | eVGA GTX 580 | Corsair Vengeance 1600 x 12Gb | Windows 7 Ultimate (SP1) 64 bit | Corsair 550D | Corsair HX 1000 PSU | Eaton 1500va UPS | Warthog HOTAS w/- Saitek rudders | Samsung PX2370 Monitor | Deathadder 3500 mouse | MS X6 Keyboard | TIR4

Stand alone Collector's Edition
DCS Series

Even duct tape can't fix stupid... but it can muffle the sound.