Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 10-26-2012, 12:51 PM
Approved Member

If you wait for the sales the planes in RoF are value for money, I have no objection towards paying for what you fly especially if the game (full version) is free. Next time anyone spends $/£ 50 etc on a night on the beer and a monster headache they might consider $5 for a plane a decent deal.

I hope there will be an announcement soon on the future of Il2 CloD/BoM etc, if the spadework as almost been done maybe the sequels will be released on a yearly basis, here`s hoping!!
Old 10-26-2012, 02:15 PM
Approved Member

Nope, beer is far more important.
Old 10-26-2012, 03:23 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto View Post
I said that with only 2 flyable planes in the free download version (Albatros and SPAD-13) you cannot fly all the campaigns from 1914-1918, that`s all.
And for flying from 1940 to 1945, you will need to buy CloD, BoM and I guess 2 to 3 more sequels.

I'm not a big supporter (well, financially, i am...) of RoF, especially when it comes down to things turned into "field mods", but seriously. You can do a lot there for free or just by buying some planes. Of course, some discipline is necessary and you should probably think twice before buying something.
Old 10-26-2012, 03:35 PM
Approved Member

As long as they have something like a 1946 or RoF style Quick Mission Builder I don't have a problem with them going the MMO route. I just looked back at how I've been playing 1946 and RoF for the last 10 years. After I finnished the canned campaigns in the original Il2 and RoF I only played QMB and online (80/20). BIG point for me is that they need to get the QMB interface back to the old style. What I also hope is that they stick with the theatre concept. Sell a theatre with a basic amount of planes and then add downloadable content. Like RoF, but start each new theatre as if it was the start of a new game. Don't try to sell me crap that comes standard on an aircraft. Ergo, try to sell me a compass or a reflector gunsight on a 1943 aircraft and you'll lose me as a customer. I would still play the game mind you, just not buy any downloadable content I have no use for. So far I've downloaded all the RoF planes because they're all usable without extra purhases of equipment. If the Il2 route is going where I needed to buy essential equipment seperately I'll end up with maybe 5 or 6 aircraft, tops. That's what I fly in RoF most of the time. The rest sits in the hangar, mostly bought out of curiosity.

The next sequel should be the early Pacific, battle for the Coral sea and Midway. Lots of water and little land masses. Even with todays game engine restrictions we should get good results. Luthier tried the Pacific before and knows the pittfalls. This time he should be able to circumnavigate them.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:13 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG28_Kodiak View Post
BlackSix stated that this is a fake, so NO PANIC!
Phew...