Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 10-25-2012, 10:13 PM
Approved Member

BOM? battle of...? moscow?

do you mean BOSA and BOSW? battle for stalingrad autum and winter?

and bf109f? do you mean bf109G-2 ?
Core2Quad 9400 2.66Ghz 45nm - 4x2gb ddr2 800 Kingston = 8GBRAM - XFX Radeon HD 5850 Black Edition 1Gb DDR5 765Mhz/1440steam/ 4.5Gbps- 1/2 Terabyte Wn D 32mb - Mother Assus P5QLE - P&C Silencer 750W - Sentey RJA246 LCD 4 coolers - DVD/RW 20x LG - LCD Samsung P2350n 23" - Edifier C2 2.1+1

waiting for: Il-2: Armée de l’Air; Continuation War; Battle for Moscow; Stalingrad; El Alamein; Sicily; The West Air Campaign; Berlin
ZakKandrachoff
Old 10-25-2012, 10:32 PM
Approved Member

Even if they plan to build an MMO doesn't necessarily mean the demise of the current development roadmap of a series of theaters for offline/online use. The game engine could easily do both, and both use basicly the exact same content.

I think the Sequel will include a Moscow map and a Stalingrad map.
Asus GTX580 Direct CU II
60gigSSD with only Windows7 64bit, Hotas Peripherals, and COD running on it
500gig HD Dual Boot
Samsung 32"LG 120hz
MSFF2 Joystick
Cougar Throttle
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
Track IR 5 ProClip
Old 10-26-2012, 02:09 AM
Approved Member

Yeah no sale for me if its MMO, i need a pause button for any game to be possible to play, i never get that much time to play all in a row......
Old 10-26-2012, 02:34 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macro View Post
Idd i feel the same. Its the reason i never played rof. I hate the idea of roping u in. I wont play mmo in ww2 flight sim. Id rather just stick with clod and any further "normal" expansions. That ship has sailed already with other recent titles( forgotten the name). Its not those sort of poeple who fly sims.
Well ROF is free and constantly updated by those who support it through DLC purchases and indeed you don't have to buy anything to use the two planes which come with the download. I am pretty sure the beta career is free too...So you're not roped in at all.
Old 10-26-2012, 03:27 AM
Approved Member

Just give the free basic game of RoF a try. Don't buy anything that you don't intend to use. Just give it a fair go. You might find yourself very well entertained for no cost whatsoever.
Old 10-26-2012, 07:34 AM
Approved Member

Post ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefiantMk1 View Post
Well ROF is free and constantly updated by those who support it through DLC purchases and indeed you don't have to buy anything to use the two planes which come with the download. I am pretty sure the beta career is free too...So you're not roped in at all.
... what you write is in general true BUT !
With only the 2 planes that you get in the download, you cannot fly a big campaign on neither side. So in one way or the other you are kind of forced to buy other planes and not to forget gunsights too, they help a lot and save ammunition ! I find them indispensable.

This free download of RoF is only the bait they throw in the water.
On one hand a clever idea because what you get is not bad at all.
Once you realize that, you want more of course.

For those really interested in flying ROF, I´d recommend get the "Iron Cross Edition", (Amazon) that has already 8 planes to fly.
All the updates and improvements, different offline-careers and so on are downloaded automatically once you install the game.

This "buy each item individually policy" of 777-studios is of course questionable.

But I once made the "mistake" to swallow the bait.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:27 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto View Post
This free download of RoF is only the bait they throw in the water.
On one hand a clever idea because what you get is not bad at all.
Once you realize that, you want more of course.

For those really interested in flying ROF, I´d recommend get the "Iron Cross Edition", (Amazon) that has already 8 planes to fly.
All the updates and improvements, different offline-careers and so on are downloaded automatically once you install the game.

This "buy each item individually policy" of 777-studios is of course questionable.

Buy the Iron Cross Edition, then wait for a sale and buy only the planes you know you will fly regularly.

I bought all the planes to support the sim, (except the heavy bombers and floatplane, not my style) but in fact, I use only about 7 of those at all regularly. SE5a, Camel, Nieuport 11, Nieuport 17, Sopwith Triplane, Spad 7 and Bristol Fighter.

Sales are a good way of getting the planes you want very cheap. If you buy 5 planes or more at a time, you get a good price.

RISE OF FLIGHT is an excellent product now, with flight models which are quite accurate, no major glitches or bugs, excellent viewing systems and nice graphics. It has reflection modelled, something which is not a factor in CoD, it's nice to first catch the glint of the sun off the wing of your opponent and realize he's there.

All in all a great product, not as ambitious as CoD was, but the goals it had, it met.

As far as Battle of Moscow is concerned, I am finding it hard to get any interest in it at all. I don't particularly like flying the Soviet planes, with the exception of the I-16, and not much of a German flyer either. If they bring in the P-39 and P-40 as lendlease equipment I might buy the game. Could be fun to have a Soviet Naval Campaign in Murmansk starting in I-16's, then Hurricanes, then Kittyhawks with Safonov. Not looking forward to the Hurricane II lendlease, if it is modelled correctly as it performed on Soviet fuel, it will be a horrible ride, worse performance and handling than the Hurricane I and completely outclassed by the 109's. The British brought over octane booster to mix with the Soviet fuel when they flew at Murmansk, but after they left there was none.

Last edited by *Buzzsaw*; 10-26-2012 at 09:04 AM.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:32 AM
Approved Member

The view system is prob the best ive seen in any sim to date.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:53 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto View Post
With only the 2 planes that you get in the download, you cannot fly a big campaign on neither side.
The FREE download you mean? Every other aircraft is right there for you to fly with or against. The observer and gunner positions of all types are free, and the Spad and DVII campaigns are also available to you. Not to mention the Career mode. Again, all for free. Are you really such a tight arse that all of that for nothing is still not enough?
Old 10-26-2012, 09:32 AM
Approved Member

Exclamation ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathered_IV View Post
The FREE download you mean? Every other aircraft is right there for you to fly with or against. The observer and gunner positions of all types are free, and the Spad and DVII campaigns are also available to you. Not to mention the Career mode. Again, all for free. Are you really such a tight arse that all of that for nothing is still not enough?
... sorry I must have expressed myself wrong if you did not get what I meant.
I did not say it is not enough.
I said that with only 2 flyable planes in the free download version (Albatros and SPAD-13) you cannot fly all the campaigns from 1914-1918, that`s all.