Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 10-18-2012, 08:41 AM
Approved Member

whats wrong

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 10-18-2012, 08:46 AM
Approved Member

Im surprised this thread isnt locked yet... Almost every new thread has been locked or deleted last week. Or merged into invisibilty into other threads.

Last edited by Anders_And; 10-18-2012 at 08:48 AM.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:51 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstyle View Post
To the OP, I don't hear anyone asking for the axis aircraft to be reduced in terms of performance. Yes the advantages of the 109s are comparatively less than previous updates, but as you note it still has advantages.

109 pilots are still getting kills. Blue team numbers online are still pretty good.

I think most wlould agree that we have a relatively competitive situation right now, which is what the OP seems to be asking for.
Exactly.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:05 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger View Post
109s cannot outdive
109s can hardly Outclimb
they can hardly outrun
109s can in no way outturn any allied planes
Siince last RC the acceleration of the 109 has been DRASTICALLY reduced. Even when diving vertical it takes ages to get to 600 compared to post patch.
I think its really enough IF KEPT DOING SO ONE SIDED.

If there is any more performancegain towards red side there wont be any fun left flying blue. Currently its bearable. Even if the last joker the blues have are their mineshells. If it goes any further the balance is broken.
So please devs: Either change both sides to the same direction so that competitive fighting remains possible or leave it be.

Winger
I fly both sides and I would say you're very wrong in your statements. I suggest you try flying for the RAF for a while before you come up with a thread like this.

PS read what davidred has to say about RAF opposition, I happen to agree with him 100%-ly. Especially the 109 bug fixes. I agree the situation is now more balanced and more historical than ever before. And that is good, is it not?

robo.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:19 AM
Approved Member

Idk about history but the game is more even now than its ever been. And if it went back to 109 having complete dominance like last patch then alot of reds wont bother playing anymore.

Just seems like some 109 pilots arnt happy unluss their ride outclimbs, out runs outturns out dives and out guns the enemy.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:38 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo. View Post
I fly both sides and I would say you're very wrong in your statements. I suggest you try flying for the RAF for a while before you come up with a thread like this.

PS read what davidred has to say about RAF opposition, I happen to agree with him 100%-ly. Especially the 109 bug fixes. I agree the situation is now more balanced and more historical than ever before. And that is good, is it not?

robo.
erm. Thants what i am saying... I just say dont make the 109 any MORE worse against the RAF planes. I did not say make it better. Better read before you comment.

Winger
Old 10-18-2012, 09:40 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by macro View Post
Idk about history but the game is more even now than its ever been. And if it went back to 109 having complete dominance like last patch then alot of reds wont bother playing anymore.

Just seems like some 109 pilots arnt happy unluss their ride outclimbs, out runs outturns out dives and out guns the enemy.
Sorry. But thats stupid. Some folks really seem to ignore what i actually wrote. And btw. WHEN did the 109 outturn ANY RAF plane... sorry, but LOL.

Winger
Old 10-18-2012, 09:43 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger View Post
Sorry. But thats stupid. Some folks really seem to ignore what i actually wrote. And btw. WHEN did the 109 outturn ANY RAF plane... sorry, but LOL.

Winger
well, before the last RC2 patch the 109 did outturn the hurri!
Old 10-18-2012, 10:00 AM
Approved Member

The 109 can outrun any RAF fighter. Outclimb too, easily.

People need learn to fly. Just that.

I can shoot down 109s with "inferior" Hurricane, but if one good 109 pilot do the right thing in 1x1, he will dictate the combat: anytime he can just climb and go away...

But some bad pilots wants to lose all energy and engage "rockets" or something... please, get a grip!

Just that!
Old 10-18-2012, 10:26 AM
Approved Member

I dont know about the actual numbers but last night on ATAG i had a bit of height on 3 spits and i could play with them with proper BnZ tactics...i also outran them in the level after a dive.

I found the 109 to be a bit twitchy when trying scissors at low speed but apart from that i was quite happy.