Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 10-18-2012, 07:29 AM
Approved Member

Default @Devs: Stop the Central nerfs - its enough

109s cannot outdive
109s can hardly Outclimb
they can hardly outrun
109s can in no way outturn any allied planes
Siince last RC the acceleration of the 109 has been DRASTICALLY reduced. Even when diving vertical it takes ages to get to 600 compared to post patch.
I think its really enough IF KEPT DOING SO ONE SIDED.

If there is any more performancegain towards red side there wont be any fun left flying blue. Currently its bearable. Even if the last joker the blues have are their mineshells. If it goes any further the balance is broken.
So please devs: Either change both sides to the same direction so that competitive fighting remains possible or leave it be.

Winger

Last edited by JG52Uther; 10-18-2012 at 01:08 PM.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:44 AM
Approved Member

Central ? Wrong war Winger !!
Old 10-18-2012, 07:48 AM
Approved Member

+1

I think you are spot on mate. They did a overkill on the 109. Someone had to be sacrificed so that others could win.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:57 AM
Approved Member

Don't worry, the Red guys will soon be here to say "you had it easy for a while, now you deserve to be screwed" when in fact many Blue pilots merely asked for historical performance.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:06 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGs_Ricky View Post
Central ? Wrong war Winger !!
Youre right. Played ROF for too long Thanks for correcting me

Winger
Old 10-18-2012, 08:24 AM
Approved Member

One thing- on ATAG yesterday you complained that the red forces don't black out. Well while being chased by 4 109s in a hurricane performing max rate turns caused my screen to black out very quickly so it certainly is possible to black out.

It also seems that the 109s armaments cause me to black out in another way (cockpit hit).
Old 10-18-2012, 08:25 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainDoggles View Post
Don't worry, the Red guys will soon be here to say "you had it easy for a while, now you deserve to be screwed" when in fact many Blue pilots merely asked for historical performance.
-no need.. You did it, and so true..lol

~s~
Old 10-18-2012, 08:34 AM
Approved Member

You know my views on the matter.. noticed a drastic change within 5 mins
Old 10-18-2012, 08:38 AM
Approved Member

i still ask for historical performances on both sides!

right now, as a 109pilot i have way more fun to fight allied planes than in the last year...mostly because the spitIIa was banned on the servers....
on rebka4 for example, i began to totally ignore all the RAF planes and only fought other 109s, because it really was boring to fight the far inferior spittis...

anyway, i dont feel, that the 109 is now inferiour to the spits or hurris(except maybe against the hurri at ~6000 meters, but this needs further testing on my side)

but, from now on i feel, that the devs should give the 109s definitely as much love as they did with the RAF planes...109s are still off historical performance....
there are many issues/bugs in the 109s which should have as much importance to fix as the RAF planes have.so yeah i also think that the devs should now look again it the 109s as well, and make them as close to historical performances as possible and as the engine allows.
Old 10-18-2012, 08:39 AM
Approved Member

To the OP, I don't hear anyone asking for the axis aircraft to be reduced in terms of performance. Yes the advantages of the 109s are comparatively less than previous updates, but as you note it still has advantages.

109 pilots are still getting kills. Blue team numbers online are still pretty good.

I think most wlould agree that we have a relatively competitive situation right now, which is what the OP seems to be asking for.