Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 06-25-2012, 03:45 PM
Approved Member

Default @Ati Crossfire Users

So with the latest patch xfire works quite well and I can get ~60fps with v sync on, which is good

However sometimes I connect to a game and have everything but the cockpit flashing from a bright to a darker shade, now I have to set the options from fullscreen to pseudo to stop the flashing. Obviously by doing this crossfire is turned off and I am now reduced to 30 fps near the ground.

To get the good fps I have to change back to fullscreen and hope the flashing has gone, if not turn off fullscreen launch the game and try again this can take a very long time as you can imagine.

So does anyone else have this problem and has it been highlighted to the devs?

Mods please leave this here for a day before moving to the sub forum, thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.

Last edited by JG52Krupi; 06-25-2012 at 04:48 PM.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:09 PM
Approved Member

Salute Krupi ,I to get this quite a bit ,I've found 2 things that help 1st one is go back into loadout , repick your plane an loadout , then hit create (helps most of the time) If not back out of game , go into your ATI control panel an disable crossfire then enable again, Seems to fix it every time. I know as soon as i get into game if crossfire working, Like you my fps are halfed BTW i'm running 2 xfx 6870 black ed. hope this helps Dawg P.S. think game trys to shut it off or doesn't recognize you have crossfire enabled

Last edited by JTDawg; 06-25-2012 at 05:11 PM. Reason: more info
Old 06-25-2012, 05:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTDawg View Post
Salute Krupi ,I to get this quite a bit ,I've found 2 things that help 1st one is go back into loadout , repick your plane an loadout , then hit create (helps most of the time) If not back out of game , go into your ATI control panel an disable crossfire then enable again, Seems to fix it every time. I know as soon as i get into game if crossfire working, Like you my fps are halfed BTW i'm running 2 xfx 6870 black ed. hope this helps Dawg P.S. think game trys to shut it off or doesn't recognize you have crossfire enabled
Ah cool thanks JT your a top dawg I will definitely have to try this out, I was getting very very fed up of having to change the setting load the game up change the settings rinse and repeat until it worked

Quote:
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
Old 06-25-2012, 07:32 PM
Approved Member

Hey Krupi , When my game is loading , when Red square thing comes , about halfway through my screen starts flashing (like when you enabe ,disable crossfire ) 2 maybe 3 times . Then the red square is blue ( I think thats the point it see or it don't) Let me know if your seeing what i'm seeing ? Salute
Old 06-25-2012, 09:40 PM
Approved Member

Well I see the red square flash blue once, but I using your methods I have not being able to get Xfire working ... what DX10 profile do you use?

Btw here are some pics... FYI it constantly flickers between the two.

1st Issue Flashing Skin

free picture hosting

img upload

2nd Issue Flashing Terrain

upload picture

photo upload

3rd Issue A Mix of Both

image host

image upload

image upload

image host

free image hosting

hosting images

img upload

image host

And to think the game was looking like this

img upload

picture hosting

free image hosting

I don't know why I can't get Xfire to work at all now

Quote:

Last edited by JG52Krupi; 06-25-2012 at 09:43 PM.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:58 PM
Approved Member

Oh and before anyone ask epilepsy is not on and does not stop the issue

Quote:
Old 06-25-2012, 10:55 PM
Approved Member

I have 2x 6950's. I get this issue when I forget to limit my frame rate.
I fly with vsync on so I use dxtory to limit the frames to 58. It negates input lag and it prevents cpu and gpu spiking, which I suspect is the cause of that problem.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:57 PM
Approved Member

I will have to give that a go thanks for the tip Hippy.

Quote:
Old 06-25-2012, 11:33 PM
Approved Member

Oh, I should add, that in CCC > Gaming > 3d Application settings > AMD CrossFireX Mode for 3d Applications > Use AMD pre-defined Profile. I use the Lost Planet dx10 profile. (LostPlanetDx10.exe).
All the other settings in that screen you should be able to adjust to your preference.

Basically everytime I run Launcher.exe now, it slaps the Lostplanet Crossfire profile on. If it actually makes a difference or it's just a placebo, I am not exactly sure. But I don't get the above-mentioned issues anymore.
The game flys really smooth, with minimal micro-stuttering when I'm looking around frantically whilst doing high speed turns over London.

Worth a crack anyhoo.

Good luck!
Old 06-26-2012, 06:46 AM
Approved Member

Yes I use the lost planet dx10 exe as well.

Quote: