Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 05-16-2012, 02:11 PM
Approved Member

sorry for that outburst Farber,it is not like me to do that.My reasons for seeing this sim in all its glory are selfish.
edited cause im not going to wear it on my sleave

this il2 community means that much to me.

Last edited by BH_woodstock; 05-19-2012 at 01:00 PM.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH_woodstock View Post
I understand how it works
No, you really don't. If you did, you wouldn't be trying to insinuate that the server browser is the root of these performance problems.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:27 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainDoggles View Post
No, you really don't. If you did, you wouldn't be trying to insinuate that the server browser is the root of these performance problems.
so what you are saying that the client server browser does absolutely nothing and is just sitting there idle and not counting pilots as they come online,joining servers?leaving servers?My point is that in il2 the ingame server list was never used the way this one is and suggesting that it be "looked" at is all.I am not trying to insult any ones intelligence here.Try not to be so negative all the time.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
so what you are saying that the client server browser does absolutely nothing and is just sitting there idle and not counting pilots as they come online,joining servers?leaving servers?
The steam servers handle that data, not the clients computers. At most it would be transferring kilobytes of data periodically.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraveyardJimmy View Post
The steam servers handle that data, not the clients computers. At most it would be transferring kilobytes of data periodically.

okay, thank you Jimmy for your way of explaining it and being nice about it.

~S~
Old 05-16-2012, 03:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
so what you are saying that the client server browser does absolutely nothing
Please quote where I said the server browser does absolutely nothing.

Quote:
My point is that in il2 the ingame server list was never used the way this one is and suggesting that it be "looked" at is all.I am not trying to insult any ones intelligence here.
It's pretty obvious to most of us that you have an agenda here. You want them to find a problem with the server browser so that there's a case to be made for returning to HL. Steam and the steam server browser works fine for literally hundreds of other games. It's not a problem with steam, it's a problem with the game. Going to a barely-functional 3rd party lobby is going to create more problems than it solves. With the exception of global chat, steam and the ingame server browser do everything better than HL or the ubi.com lobby ever did. I don't want the community fractured even more than it already is, thank you very much.

Quote:
Try not to be so negative all the time.
Sorry.
Old 05-16-2012, 04:04 PM
Approved Member

Hey, Woodstock, never loose hope as some guys here Get on ATAG TeamSpeak3 server if you can. They are very friendly guys to chat about CloD and aircraft in general. TS address is on their forums http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/forum.php
Old 05-16-2012, 04:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainDoggles View Post
Please quote where I said the server browser does absolutely nothing.

It's pretty obvious to most of us that you have an agenda here. You want them to find a problem with the server browser so that there's a case to be made for returning to HL. Steam and the steam server browser works fine for literally hundreds of other games. It's not a problem with steam, it's a problem with the game. Going to a barely-functional 3rd party lobby is going to create more problems than it solves. With the exception of global chat, steam and the ingame server browser do everything better than HL or the ubi.com lobby ever did. I don't want the community fractured even more than it already is, thank you very much.

Sorry.
wow. you sir are an ass.I clearly stated in many post that it does NOT have to be hyperlobby. If you got the ability to make a program i challenge you to do so.In fact please do because as ive stated many times it is THIS community that made il2 what it is. NOT the program.

if i get banned for calling you an ass, then so be it.
Old 05-16-2012, 04:47 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataros View Post
Hey, Woodstock, never loose hope as some guys here Get on ATAG TeamSpeak3 server if you can. They are very friendly guys to chat about CloD and aircraft in general. TS address is on their forums http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/forum.php
thank you Ataros. I plan to be on comms sometime this week.

~S~
Old 05-16-2012, 05:38 PM
Approved Member

@ CaptainDoggles
sorry.

twice today i have vented and later wish i had a better choice of words.Not a good day for me i suppose.
how about we agree to disagree and since it looks like you fly blue and i prefer red.lets make a little friendly game of it and look for each other in the sky.

check yer 6 man
taka,taka,taka
hehehehe