Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 05-15-2012, 09:41 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH_woodstock View Post
Do it... you know you want to.
I can not program.

BTW if anyone decides to host a semi-coop (e.g. in DF mode) in HL now, will it launch in the same way as original Il-2? Players will take slots in HL and then join server when host starts mission? Anyone tested it?
Old 05-15-2012, 09:53 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataros View Post
I can not program.

BTW if anyone decides to host a semi-coop (e.g. in DF mode) in HL now, will it launch in the same way as original Il-2? Players will take slots in HL and then join server when host starts mission? Anyone tested it?
give it a try, you might be surprised.HL has been out of Beta mode for Dover for months.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
give it a try, you might be surprised.HL has been out of Beta mode for Dover for months.
I am not much into coops just want to know in case someone asks at sukhoi.ru.
Old 05-16-2012, 12:44 AM
Approved Member

i posted in wrong section..sorry, yes Ataros it does launch from lobby No Problem and even faster because it goes right to server just like il2 by passed everything in the past

Old 05-16-2012, 03:44 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Does it still fail to count players properly?
Old 05-16-2012, 08:38 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Also be able to recruit,troubleshoot,compare specs and game settings in real time instead of posting somewhere and checking a link every 5 minutes.the il2 series has the best tech support in any game and it is all because the community.google this> "where can i play il2 online" and let it speak for itself.
all these years and il2 still kicks ass?? cannot be an accident.
you guys did this

wouldnt you want the same for Dover?

in this post im asking Black6 if the client server list wich is always running and changing be a resource hog and be part of the big problem
+1
Old 05-16-2012, 09:30 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
i was wondering...having a game browser list in il2 never worked.we all relied on 3rd party places like UBI and HL.

the game has had performance issues from the start.Is it possible that this game client that is built in to the game engine be causing the performance hits??The Client server has to talk to the game for each person that joines regardless of what server they prefer.This makes sence if you think about it. With all the far distance landscaping the engine needs to generate with all effects and such it seems to much for the game itself to have a server client engine running at the same time. What would happen if that server list was gone and we relied on our old ways of 3rd party lobbies?This could free up resources in the game itself.Can someone of importance look into this please?

this is not no little sandbox or tiny call of duty maps.having the server client list removed would even help with bandwidth.who needs it if it does not have the features we need?

can a dev look into this please... thank you.

Ermm you do know how IL2 mission work dont you? You do know that we all have tha maps on our own computers and its simply a .txt file or two that is sent accross to the client. You make it sound like the server renders everyones graphics...

Do you realise there is proberbly some monies involved with Ubisoft and Steam and that the devs and 1c proberbly can't touch HL with a barge pole?

Unfortunatley the best way right now to see all the servers is through Steam. ATAG hosts a free to use team speak 3. Having a chat feature is redundant. Why type when I can actually talk to someone?

Has HL had a GUI facelift latley? Last time I used it it was like using something from windows 3.1, it really made me mad and all I wanted to do was change the file directory and I could'nt remember how to do it. This is why I uninstalled it in the first place.

Last edited by 5./JG27.Farber; 05-16-2012 at 09:35 AM.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:10 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5./JG27.Farber View Post
Ermm you do know how IL2 mission work dont you? You do know that we all have tha maps on our own computers and its simply a .txt file or two that is sent accross to the client. You make it sound like the server renders everyones graphics...

Do you realise there is proberbly some monies involved with Ubisoft and Steam and that the devs and 1c proberbly can't touch HL with a barge pole?

Unfortunatley the best way right now to see all the servers is through Steam. ATAG hosts a free to use team speak 3. Having a chat feature is redundant. Why type when I can actually talk to someone?

Has HL had a GUI facelift latley? Last time I used it it was like using something from windows 3.1, it really made me mad and all I wanted to do was change the file directory and I could'nt remember how to do it. This is why I uninstalled it in the first place.
ermm...is your name Black6?

I understand how it works and if you think its just sitting there in the background doing nothing you are mistaken.And we are not talking about some little sandbox game now are we?Not many other games have the draw distance that this game has.And that is just one thing.When was the last time you were actually in HL?
like i said before people..I might be HL STAFF but im not saying we HAVE to use it.
If you can do something better then do it.How do you recruit??I dont know about you but we dont let any "Joe Shmoe" in without seeing them in A lobby 1st.This community has ALWAYS had a place to go.more than just having a forums. Thats all im saying.Lighten up man.

all im asking is that the client server be looked at.

PS...If there were monies involved...SOMEBODY is getting RIPPED OFF!!NO way would this so called STEAM support worth paying for.They could care less about Dover

Last edited by BH_woodstock; 05-16-2012 at 01:14 PM.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
ermm...is your name Black6?

I understand how it works and if you think its just sitting there in the background doing nothing you are mistaken.And we are not talking about some little sandbox game now are we?Not many other games have the draw distance that this game has.And that is just one thing.When was the last time you were actually in HL?
like i said before people..I might be HL STAFF but im not saying we HAVE to use it.
If you can do something better then do it.How do you recruit??I dont know about you but we dont let any "Joe Shmoe" in without seeing them in A lobby 1st.This community has ALWAYS had a place to go.more than just having a forums. Thats all im saying.Lighten up man.

all im asking is that the client server be looked at.

PS...If there were monies involved...SOMEBODY is getting RIPPED OFF!!NO way would this so called STEAM support worth paying for.They could care less about Dover
I agree, HL was a must for evrything,coops,war,community,meet new people,chat,problem solving etc....nothing to compare with Steam chat etc etc...

Sorry Mr. 5./JG27.Farber ...did you ever played Il2 with HL? no i think also reading your post...if yes how you can't not willing to have back HL or something similar for COD?
Im not polemic, just curios.
I still remember when I used to log in HL and see all the squadron mates connected, all the friends nice to fly with..all the enemies nice to fly againts etc etc...
or I can't forget to stay locked watching the coops section of HL waiting for Aviar ( a fantastic coops creator in IL2 community) logging in and open a coops..just rushing to join in before all slots where taken.
Or even with al the IL2 wars etc etc....sorry but now this is missing for all the community,it was ( and is still for IL2) the community PUB
Is my personally opinion
"de gustibus non disputandum est "
S!
Old 05-16-2012, 01:58 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seyou View Post
I agree, HL was a must for evrything,coops,war,community,meet new people,chat,problem solving etc....nothing to compare with Steam chat etc etc...
It is possible to start a game group in steam for IL2 (there may already be one) and publicise it. Then people could join group chat and it would work like a lobby to an extent- talk to people in realtime, join games your sqquadmates are in, organise coops etc.

That would unify the community a bit more I should think.