Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 05-15-2012, 07:29 PM
Approved Member

Default @Blacksix

i was wondering...having a game browser list in il2 never worked.we all relied on 3rd party places like UBI and HL.

the game has had performance issues from the start.Is it possible that this game client that is built in to the game engine be causing the performance hits??The Client server has to talk to the game for each person that joines regardless of what server they prefer.This makes sence if you think about it. With all the far distance landscaping the engine needs to generate with all effects and such it seems to much for the game itself to have a server client engine running at the same time. What would happen if that server list was gone and we relied on our old ways of 3rd party lobbies?This could free up resources in the game itself.Can someone of importance look into this please?

this is not no little sandbox or tiny call of duty maps.having the server client list removed would even help with bandwidth.who needs it if it does not have the features we need?

can a dev look into this please... thank you.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:44 PM
Approved Member

You REALLY want people to use HyperLobby, don't you?

I very much doubt the performance issues have anything to do with the built-in server browser.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly View Post
You REALLY want people to use HyperLobby, don't you?

I very much doubt the performance issues have anything to do with the built-in server browser.
it would be great to have CLoD get the home it was ment to have and deserved.But it could be any program that worked.the in game client server is not good enough for this community.
as far as the performance issues with client and game. I believe you are wrong. no offence intended
Old 05-15-2012, 08:15 PM
Approved Member

While I love hyperlobby I doubt most new comers to il2 will even think about using it, this is because the system we have in COD is much better than whatever we had in the original il2 so hyperlobby isnt as needed as it once was and generally ppl don't like downloading extra software (steam was a hard pill to swallow for a lot of the old guys), that said I do miss the social side of things but even that is being done by ATAGS open teamspeak approach...

Good luck Woodstock I will see you on hyperlobby and thanks for all your hard work, the fact your on here promoting HL is a good sign for HL and COD

For HL to succeed the old guard will have to show the new generation the light

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.

Last edited by JG52Krupi; 05-15-2012 at 08:20 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 08:30 PM
Approved Member

Agree. Why use extra program if you don't need them. That's just adding extra mess to the regestry.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:04 PM
Approved Member

Do any other steam games have a chat function for example?

Serious question as I don't really play anything else other than the occasional ARMA game.

If they do then it should be possible to be added and that would be a start. Without transferring the 'other COOP argument' into this thread I would say that the chat function would at least make it possible to meet other people tell them you are hosting a coop style mission and let them know what it will consist of.

Intel Core i5-2500K @ 4.20GHz
Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Z68
Kingston HyperX Genesis Grey 2x4GB DDR3 PC3-1280
Intel 510 ElmCrest SSD 120GB
GeForce GTX 580 3072MB
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
Corsair HX1050 PSU
Corsair Hydro H80 CPU Cooler
Silverstone Fortress 2
Hazro HZ27WA 27" 2560x1440
Old 05-15-2012, 09:16 PM
Approved Member

Nowadays we can join a server via a weblink like this one steam://connect/216.52.148.29:27016 (connects to ATAG bypassing menus)

I think it will take an hour for a web programmer to make a webpage with server list and a simple free chat software. Then another week to allow syncing of serverlist with Steam in real time. And maybe another month to let it start coops from this page?

Last edited by Ataros; 05-15-2012 at 09:19 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:22 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG5_emil View Post

Serious question as I don't really play anything else other than the occasional ARMA game.

If they do then it should be possible to be added and that would be a start. Without transferring the 'other COOP argument' into this thread I would say that the chat function would at least make it possible to meet other people tell them you are hosting a coop style mission and let them know what it will consist of.
Steam groups have chat. Join this group and open chat window via the right hand side menu. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/cliffsofdoveril2
Old 05-15-2012, 09:30 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG5_emil View Post

Also be able to recruit,troubleshoot,compare specs and game settings in real time instead of posting somewhere and checking a link every 5 minutes.the il2 series has the best tech support in any game and it is all because the community.google this> "where can i play il2 online" and let it speak for itself.
all these years and il2 still kicks ass?? cannot be an accident.
you guys did this

wouldnt you want the same for Dover?

in this post im asking Black6 if the client server list wich is always running and changing be a resource hog and be part of the big problem

Last edited by BH_woodstock; 05-15-2012 at 09:32 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataros View Post
Nowadays we can join a server via a weblink like this one steam://connect/216.52.148.29:27016 (connects to ATAG bypassing menus)

I think it will take an hour for a web programmer to make a webpage with server list and a simple free chat software. Then another week to allow syncing of serverlist with Steam in real time. And maybe another month to let it start coops from this page?

Do it... you know you want to.

for god sakes somebody do it

if Dover had something simular i would be there right now.talking planes and game settings.asking questions like a noob.probably with alot more people online than there is right now in game client list

Last edited by BH_woodstock; 05-15-2012 at 09:40 PM.