Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 08-13-2011, 04:32 PM
Approved Member

Default @MG - UBI Logo Issues

Hi MG,

I was wondering what is going to be done about the ATI/UBI logo issue.

This is still causing the new comers problems, the game barely runs if you have an ATI card and don't know about the problem. Surely it should have been deleted or replaced by now!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.
Old 08-13-2011, 04:51 PM
Approved Member

hmm... but it's fixed if you rename/delete the relevant file, isn't it? Or are you referencing a new problem? Don't scare me!
Btw: I am an ATI card user and, subjectively, without measuring around, I've only got a minimal performance gain, if at all. But then again, maybe there is indeed one and I haven't noticed it.
Old 08-13-2011, 05:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redroach View Post
hmm... but it's fixed if you rename/delete the relevant file, isn't it? Or are you referencing a new problem? Don't scare me!
Btw: I am an ATI card user and, subjectively, without measuring around, I've only got a minimal performance gain, if at all. But then again, maybe there is indeed one and I haven't noticed it.
Same problem.

Well today I told a guy that was having low fps to delete it and when he did he more than doubled his fps!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.
Old 08-13-2011, 08:29 PM
Approved Member

JG52Krupi, maybe this is something for the Ubi forums? I usually think they're a waste of time but this is something that could me relevant enough. Or do you think it's the way 1C has implemented the video that is causing the problem?
Old 08-13-2011, 09:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbop View Post
JG52Krupi, maybe this is something for the Ubi forums? I usually think they're a waste of time but this is something that could me relevant enough. Or do you think it's the way 1C has implemented the video that is causing the problem?
Lets use a brain for a second. Lets think.. How could a simple video file cause this. IT DOESNT its the way 1c has implemented to video for loading.

It would be funny though to complain about this to UBISOFT.. Just to be funny and a smartass though.
Old 08-13-2011, 09:53 PM
Ali Fish

i wish someone would do something. cant expect 1C to take notice of anything on this forum, (an observation)
Old 08-14-2011, 08:24 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Krupi View Post
Hi MG,

I was wondering what is going to be done about the ATI/UBI logo issue.

This is still causing the new comers problems, the game barely runs if you have an ATI card and don't know about the problem. Surely it should have been deleted or replaced by now!!!
Agreed. It "tricks" the GPU into thinking its running a desktop program so the GPU powers down to conserve energy / reduce heat. I know personally it affected the HD4870. It doesn't affect all cards because the "PowerPlay" feature that dynamically controls this sort of stuff is different with each model.
Old 08-14-2011, 03:34 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazon View Post
Agreed. It "tricks" the GPU into thinking its running a desktop program so the GPU powers down to conserve energy / reduce heat. I know personally it affected the HD4870. It doesn't affect all cards because the "PowerPlay" feature that dynamically controls this sort of stuff is different with each model.
True. It doesn't happen on nVidia cards, it's an issue with how each Ati model and their drivers handle the card's underclock: if it thinks it's running a desktop application it powers down to lower heat and save on power consumption.
Old 08-14-2011, 03:41 PM
Registered Member

Once I updated the game when the last patch was relased, I thought that it was the patch what reduced my performance. But then I thought about UBI logo... Once deleted, my fps got doubled on my mid-low settings from 30 to 60...

i5 2,66, 4gb ram, ATI 5850 here

br,
Lucas