Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 08-07-2011, 08:31 AM
Approved Member

Default 'The Battle of France with 87 Sqn RAF' campaign released

I have just released a 14 mission Hurricane campaign 'The Battle of France with 87 Sqn RAF' on airwarfare.com (link)
http://airwarfare.com/sow/index.php option=com_jdownloads&Itemid=53&task=view.download &catid=4&cid=135[/url]

See the FMB dedicated thread for pics and more details.

DFLion
Old 08-07-2011, 08:42 AM
Approved Member

Oh Oh !

you are making me look very slow by churning out these campaigns...I have not even started my Hurri campaign yet!

This is exactly what we need to keep COD going strong.

I will be having a good look at your missions in the FMB to see if you've learnt any tricks I can use !!

Many thanks mate, I award you the DFC - Dinstinguised Fmb Cross !!

Simon
Old 08-07-2011, 11:01 AM
Approved Member

Default Thanks for the DFC award

Thanks Stiboo for your encouragement. I personally have three military medals awarded and of course I would really like to have the DFC.
I have a friend of mine with the real DFC, he is 92 years old and was an Australian Lancaster pilot with over 33 missions over Germany. I am currently trying to record his history.

DFLion
Old 08-07-2011, 11:11 AM
Approved Member

Cheers mate

Chris

http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/index.php

Gigabyte z77-d3h, Intel Core i5-3570K 3.40GHz (OC 4.2GHz), Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 24GB DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit , Samsung 120GB SSD 840 SATA 6Gb/s Basic, Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 64MB, Cooling Silencer Mk II 750W '80 Plus Silver' PSU,
GTX580 3gb OC
Old 08-07-2011, 02:42 PM
Registered Member

Just Dl this will have a go tonight - thanks!
Old 08-07-2011, 09:16 PM
Registered Member

Hello and thanx for the campaign, which I have tried tonight. Problem is, soon after I am ithe air, the motor suddenly looses power. Any suggestions??
Old 08-07-2011, 11:58 PM
Approved Member

Cool Engine cutting out?

Quote:
Originally Posted by loeseth View Post
Hello and thanx for the campaign, which I have tried tonight. Problem is, soon after I am ithe air, the motor suddenly looses power. Any suggestions??
Sorry to hear this problem loseth. Is it happening in all missions flown. I thoroughly tested each mission both flying manually and on 'autopilot' for last minute changes, everything was working ok on my rig.

It could be something you are not doing right in the Hurricane start-up procedure. Let me know how you are going? There are still a few problems in the sims workings?

DFLion
Old 08-08-2011, 12:28 AM
Approved Member

Just flew the first mission and of course I didn't even get a glimpse at the recon plane .

Nice airfield under the trees in a field, hehe.

As far as engine cutting out goes, it's probably the mixture, I flew the whole mission pretty much with a rich mixture (M-slider all the way up, right?).
If I leaned up the mixture too much the engine was cutting out, just lower your throttle to +3 or a little less boost with the prop slider in the up position (the low angle of attack for the prop blades) and look at your rpms when you change the mixture, if you make it too lean the rpms will start to drop, first just a little then dramatically. When they drop a little make the mixture just a little richer again and you should be there.

1C says look at the flames from your engine, if I remember correctly an orange flame means mixture too rich, a small blue flame is just right and long blue flames too lean (anybody correct me if I'm wrong), so you want to be just where the orange turns into blue and then a little bit more.

However I find the flames very hard to see, could only see them in F2 outside view from pretty much top down, zoomed in, somewhat when I leaned over to see the exhausts fom inside the cockpit, so I much rather go with adjusting for good rpms. Look at the screenshot in the briefing, P,T,M are all the way at the top at high altitude. Not sure why it's like that, one would think the higher I go the leaner the mixture has to be.

Last edited by NedLynch; 08-08-2011 at 12:30 AM.
Old 08-08-2011, 02:03 AM
Approved Member

The mixture is reversed in all the British fighters (just like it was in the real ones): forward is lean and backwards is rich
Old 08-08-2011, 03:17 AM
Approved Member

So if the "M" slider icon is all the way at the top it means the mixture is lean?

Just answered that myself by trying it out again.
The prop pitch is also reversed.

And even worse they drive on the wrong side of the road!

Last edited by NedLynch; 08-08-2011 at 03:45 AM.