Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 07-22-2011, 03:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus View Post
For in-game fps, bring up the console and type FPS SHOW START. To hide it, type FPS HIDE STOP.
I can't seem to find th ekey stroke to bring up consol ,can you help?
Old 07-22-2011, 03:51 PM
Approved Member

Just assign a key stroke in the options/control menu
Old 07-22-2011, 03:54 PM
Registered Member

My card does not care if the logo is renamed or not it will not alter its speed unless I force Use Maximum Clocks.

When I force Max clocks I get a 15 - 20 fps boost.

Also no matter what I do I cannot get crossfire to activate? I check it with other games and it works as advertised, just will not work in CLoD. Is it a common problem or does it not work yet in game?
Old 07-22-2011, 03:55 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdietz View Post
I can't seem to find th ekey stroke to bring up consol ,can you help?
By default it is the " ~ " key that brings up and closes the console.
Old 07-22-2011, 04:11 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzPig_fox View Post
My card does not care if the logo is renamed or not it will not alter its speed unless I force Use Maximum Clocks.

When I force Max clocks I get a 15 - 20 fps boost.

Also no matter what I do I cannot get crossfire to activate? I check it with other games and it works as advertised, just will not work in CLoD. Is it a common problem or does it not work yet in game?
If you do not want to force clocks manually you can create a Game Profile for steam.exe and launcher.exe in ATI Tray Tools to load it automatically.

For crossfire there is a thread explaining how to activate it using Lost Planet (iirc) profile in RadeonPro. Probably it also has Game Profiles to force clocks.
Old 07-22-2011, 04:17 PM
Approved Member

Overclocking doesent help for right speed, only disabling that logo is way for me? Weird but true.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:02 PM
Approved Member

Tried this for myself...the difference is insignificant in my case.

Black Death track all settings on high: (Average fps)

44 fps with splashcreen enabled.
45 fps without.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:33 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdietz View Post
I removed splash screen intro as per instructions(BTW:Thanks!) & I think I got better FPS as well .I say "think " because I haven't got FRAPs to work with CloD and don't know how to get an FPS indicator to work in game.
Gameplay does seem better really better , but my shooting is still 'orrible!
Hi mate

When bringing up the FPS numbers in game, the "case" of the lettering is important....it should be;

fps START SHOW (the "fps" part needs to be in lower case).

I cant remember what the "activate console" command is by default, I changed mine to the tilde key ~

To check what key will bring up the console in your game, or to change it, go to controls from the main menu. Make sure "keys" is selected, and the drop down box says "game" . On that page, the first entry is "Activate Console".. that is the one you are after.

When in flight, you then need to obviously activate the console and type the fps START SHOW command to see your FPS.

Cheers

PS, my shooting is worse than yours, guaranteed!

Last edited by naz; 07-23-2011 at 03:56 AM.
Old 10-16-2011, 07:26 PM
Approved Member

its 16.10.2011 now, i have just bought the game and i find after all these patches and months of time that the UBI logo problem is still valid !!! My AMD 5970 still refuses to clock over 400 Mhz when the UBI logo is not deleted...

what does that say about the developing team ????? SHAME on them, if they are not even able to consider that such an easy to solve problem still is unresolved and will for sure bring many people to desperation until they find these threads here... or maybe they wont find these threads and just shelve the game....
Old 10-16-2011, 07:33 PM
Approved Member

I'm sure that most people who buy any game, will immediately look for patches or updates online so that their game is current.. not only that, if they are like you or me and have more than one brain cell, if they find they have any kind of problem with the game, will look on the official game sites for remedies and advice.
I have had many games that have had problems in the past and have had to do some 'research' to get the game functioning correctly.
Yes, it's very frustrating for any game not to 'work straight out of the box' but it's not unheard of.
Before I play any game I have bought, I always check out the official site to check for updates and problems/solutions..