Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 07-21-2011, 10:49 PM
Approved Member

Default (ATI) Remove intro video => +10 FPS in game

Probably some of you already know this, but if you are an ATi user, remove the intro video of the game and you will gain 10-15 fps in game...

It seems the intro video blocks ATi cards in some way they do not use their full potential in the game.

Hope this helps!
S!
Old 07-21-2011, 11:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuillermoZS View Post
Probably some of you already know this, but if you are an ATi user, remove the intro video of the game and you will gain 10-15 fps in game...

It seems the intro video blocks ATi cards in some way they do not use their full potential in the game.

Hope this helps!
S!
Do you mean the splash screen for UBI?
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 Windforce 3X 2048MB GDDR5
Samsung SpinPoint F1 1TB SATA-II 32MB Cache
Old 07-21-2011, 11:54 PM
Approved Member

For the millionth time, this is (in most cases) NO LONGER NECESSARY.

Initially the Ubi splash screen was preventing some ATI cards from clocking up to 3D speed, instead getting stuck at the video clock speed used for the logo.wmv - probably because the game was running in a pseudo-windowed fullscreen and not being recognised as a proper 3D app by the card.

That issue was solved several patches ago (I'm the one who figured it out, and I no longer need to delete/rename it). Only do this if:

A: you check your video card whilst the game is running (with GPU-Z or similar) and discover that your card isn't clocking to full speed, or

B: you just don't want to see the intro video anymore.

Removing/renaming it will not give you ANY fps boost unless your card is underclocking, which, after the current patches should no longer be a problem.
Old 07-22-2011, 12:49 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus View Post
For the millionth time, this is (in most cases) NO LONGER NECESSARY.

Initially the Ubi splash screen was preventing some ATI cards from clocking up to 3D speed, instead getting stuck at the video clock speed used for the logo.wmv - probably because the game was running in a pseudo-windowed fullscreen and not being recognised as a proper 3D app by the card.

That issue was solved several patches ago (I'm the one who figured it out, and I no longer need to delete/rename it). Only do this if:

A: you check your video card whilst the game is running (with GPU-Z or similar) and discover that your card isn't clocking to full speed, or

B: you just don't want to see the intro video anymore.

Removing/renaming it will not give you ANY fps boost unless your card is underclocking, which, after the current patches should no longer be a problem.
ATI 5970 here...it still does it for me, and I still therefore have to disable the splash screen. I am very sure of this.
Old 07-22-2011, 01:03 AM
Approved Member

How do you disable it..I just tired of seeing it & the wild eyed pilot I have to double click to get rid of?
Old 07-22-2011, 01:54 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdietz View Post
How do you disable it..I just tired of seeing it & the wild eyed pilot I have to double click to get rid of?
Here you go mate

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=24126

By the way, this does not remove the wild eyed pilot splash screen, it removes the animated ubisoft logo movie.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:16 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by naz View Post
ATI 5970 here...it still does it for me, and I still therefore have to disable the splash screen. I am very sure of this.
Have you tested GPU output while the game is running and found your clock speed doesn't hit 3D speed? I'd be surprised if this bug was rearing it's head again, though I don't discount the possibility - but until it's tested I'm inclined not to believe it.

If you run GPU-Z prior to game start, then load CloD you will see clock speeds jump to 3D, then drop significantly when the Ubi splash is played and remain there if you still have this problem. If that doesn't happen and clock speeds jump back up (or do not decrease) after the splash is displayed then it's not the splash screen causing the problem.

Hopefully you can confirm this with a GPU-Z or similar output screenshot - it's no good saying bugs are fixed when they're not, and vice-versa - so if you can prove you still have it, we can advise the use of the fix where it is appropriate, and if you don't, we can stop blaming the ubi splash for the low performance problems (which are nearly all unrelated).
Old 07-22-2011, 04:06 AM
Approved Member

You can see in the stock ati drivers under overclock. The problem is still there! My card would say 400mhz in game with bad fps. Disabled ubi vid and it went up to cards 860mhz. So the problem was not fixed.
Old 07-22-2011, 04:11 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus View Post
Have you tested GPU output while the game is running and found your clock speed doesn't hit 3D speed? I'd be surprised if this bug was rearing it's head again, though I don't discount the possibility - but until it's tested I'm inclined not to believe it.

If you run GPU-Z prior to game start, then load CloD you will see clock speeds jump to 3D, then drop significantly when the Ubi splash is played and remain there if you still have this problem. If that doesn't happen and clock speeds jump back up (or do not decrease) after the splash is displayed then it's not the splash screen causing the problem.

Hopefully you can confirm this with a GPU-Z or similar output screenshot - it's no good saying bugs are fixed when they're not, and vice-versa - so if you can prove you still have it, we can advise the use of the fix where it is appropriate, and if you don't, we can stop blaming the ubi splash for the low performance problems (which are nearly all unrelated).
Yes, did all that. Don't take this the wrong way mate, but after countless hours of tweaking/testing/logging since release I have absolutely no intention of doing any more. If you chose not to believe me without a screenshot, so be it Bottom line is, for me, video card clocks (and therefore FPS) are reduced with the ubi logo, and are not reduced without. If anyone is curious as to the effects on their own machine, it is a simple thing to test and either keep or discard the logo as their results dictate.

Again, no offense intended mate, I am just completely "over" testing/tweaking/logging/benchmarking. The game runs acceptably on my rig now and I am happy to await further improvements from the devs.

Cheers

Last edited by naz; 07-22-2011 at 10:29 AM.
Old 07-22-2011, 04:27 AM
Approved Member

Problem is still there, i know the game runs on fullscreen now but the problem is ubivideo is not fullscreen and it forces your gpu to 2d speeds and when its over it doesen't go 3d speeds.

Tested it many times and there are much difference on fps.