Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 06-01-2011, 02:23 PM
Approved Member

its nice, but still has that luminous green grass colour... they need to revisit "Lukla" as well
Intel 980x | eVGA X58 FTW | Intel 180Gb 520 SSD x 2 | eVGA GTX 580 | Corsair Vengeance 1600 x 12Gb | Windows 7 Ultimate (SP1) 64 bit | Corsair 550D | Corsair HX 1000 PSU | Eaton 1500va UPS | Warthog HOTAS w/- Saitek rudders | Samsung PX2370 Monitor | Deathadder 3500 mouse | MS X6 Keyboard | TIR4

Stand alone Collector's Edition
DCS Series

Even duct tape can't fix stupid... but it can muffle the sound.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:09 PM
Approved Member

All I want is a hard core sim that looks like this:
Old 06-01-2011, 04:54 PM
Approved Member

...today we still have to sacrifice everything for our further advanced physics and object calculations.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Yes, this may be true, but this may be also a cheap trick to excuse bad coding optimisations.

I still have an Athlon 3000 with 1 giga of ram and a Radeon pro 9700 - so basically now a third-world pc -and IL2 is still quite smooth and pretty on it.

I will have in a few months a Bulldozer octocore with 12 gigas of ram and a Nvidia 580 with 3 gigas (for rendering work) and I'm no more ready to believe that with a 2011 config (even with a less powerful one) it's still not possible to have, at the same time, enough ressource for physics calculations and graphic calculations, at least at a level noticably different than ten years ago.