Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 06-20-2011, 07:29 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dflion View Post
I have just posted a 14 mission (campaign?) on Gamekeeper's excellent 'Airwarfare.com' site for COD Storm of War.

http://airwarfare.com/sow/index.php?...catid=4&cid=49

You will fly as a Spitfire pilot with 64 Squadron from Kenley. The series of missions accurately covers Phase 1 of BOB, the Luftwaffe's testing of RAF Fighter Command between the 10th July and the 9th August 1940. There is one mission where you fly as wingman to 'Sailor Malan' with 74 Squadron out of Manston. This was the day that Flt. Lt. Malan wounded Maj. Werner Molders.
Thanks for this, your work is appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adonys View Post
Here's the Spitfire Dawn made as an IL2 CoD campaign.

PS: the content of \il2_cod_folder\ goes into steamapps\il2cod\ folder, while the content of \il2_cod_settings_folder\ goes into documents & settings\...\il2cod\ settings folder

PPS: dflion please feel free to use this as further basis for updates or whatever
And thanks for making it into a campaign, nice...
Old 06-20-2011, 11:35 PM
Approved Member

Great stuff. I've only done the training missions (loved the find Stonehenge mission - easy enough to wean a softy like me off the "map" window and actually set my compass!), but they're great so far. A real portent of things to come.

S!
Old 06-21-2011, 07:11 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adonys View Post
the content of \il2_cod_folder\ goes into steamapps\il2cod\ folder, while the content of \il2_cod_settings_folder\ goes into documents & settings\...\il2cod\ settings folder
Ok, I think I got it. So, the second folder goes into the 1CSoftclub-folder...

Damn', that was complicated!
Old 06-21-2011, 05:35 PM
Approved Member

Tried the first tiger moth mission, and I just found myself in an airfield with a slowly rotating plane... - I have turned the text windows off, do I need them enabled? Will there be some sorts of instructions? - Damn', I don't even think I know how to turn the text window on again!
Old 06-22-2011, 06:57 AM
Approved Member

Smile 'The Tigermoth'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freycinet View Post
Tried the first tiger moth mission, and I just found myself in an airfield with a slowly rotating plane... - I have turned the text windows off, do I need them enabled? Will there be some sorts of instructions? - Damn', I don't even think I know how to turn the text window on again!
I really liked your Stuka video Freycinet, keep up the good work.

When I made this Tigermoth mission, I tryed to get the 'surface wind' working in the FMB. This is what is skewing your Tigermoth around (I think?). Just get it started quickly, and start taxying. This mission is really just a familiarization flight. The real Tigermoth (which has been faithfully modelled by Oleg) is a wonderful aircraft to fly and thankfully we have a lot of them still flying in Australia (OZ).

DFLion

PS Don't worry about the text window, it is still not working properly in the FMB.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:00 PM
Approved Member

Hi Dflion,

Thanks so much for your work and your kind words about my little video!

- I am away from my gaming computer for the next week, so just out of curiosity (and to give this thread a well-deserved bump! - what happens after I take off? - Do I get directions, do I have to fly somewhere in particular?
Old 06-22-2011, 04:52 PM
Registered Member

Talking

hi,just applied beta patch,got to flying a spitfire on the way to target practice range,i see smoke to mark area, but i see no targets to hit,anyone have this problem....,probably me doing something wrong
Old 06-23-2011, 06:18 AM
Approved Member

Cool No instructor directions yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freycinet View Post
Hi Dflion,

Thanks so much for your work and your kind words about my little video!

- I am away from my gaming computer for the next week, so just out of curiosity (and to give this thread a well-deserved bump! - what happens after I take off? - Do I get directions, do I have to fly somewhere in particular?
As mentioned, unfortunately we haven't got the full FMB yet and I can't script instructor orders. In this mission it is just a familiarization flight, 'circuit and bump'. On a later Tigermoth mission you have to set your compass, fly cross-country and find Stonehenge? Use the 'map window' to help you.

DFLion
Old 06-23-2011, 06:27 AM
Approved Member

Cool Spitfire range practice mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by {dz} View Post
hi,just applied beta patch,got to flying a spitfire on the way to target practice range,i see smoke to mark area, but i see no targets to hit,anyone have this problem....,probably me doing something wrong
{dz} The smoke pot is situated directly behind the range. The range is situated in a small 'box valley' and consists of a series of target boards, set-up on your approach direction. You are 'scored' on how many hits you achieved.

One thing I did notice when testing this mission, the smoke appears when you are nearly at the range, then when you fly away from the range you see a lot more smoke? For some reason you are not getting a distant 360 degree view of the smoke?

DFLion
Old 06-24-2011, 07:34 PM
Registered Member

thanks dflion,
i have same problem as you with the smoke,after you fly over, looks like the whole hill is on fire..ha
enjoying the missions so far,cheers