Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 05-14-2011, 10:06 PM
Approved Member

I've found a much much better tactical war simulation to spend my time with. It's called "Angry Birds" and boy is it a challenge.
Old 05-15-2011, 12:15 AM
602Sqn.McLean

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimosabi View Post
I've found a much much better tactical war simulation to spend my time with. It's called "Angry Birds" and boy is it a challenge.
I'm flying Angry Birds too. I find the ground graphics too cartoony and the damage model on the egg bomb bird totally floored. Other than that I feel the immersion aspect is spot on especially with the realistic sounds. Can't wait for Mods. I was wondering if the boomerang bird really did fly during the Monkey period. I doubt it but would be nice to include it for the monkey series.
Old 05-15-2011, 01:30 AM
Approved Member

I remember the headless chickens running amuck when Falcon4 was released, however the sky didn't fall and the Falcon soared to become a classic much like iL2.
It seems to me that most of the children throwing themselves on the floor and wailing and screaming are not the hard core iL2 crowd but newcomers who want what most of this latest generation want.
I want it NOW!! more for me! more for me! I want it for peanuts or for free even, and if it's not perfect I'm gonna throw a tantrum, I'll show you! you'll be sorry!
Bugga me what an infantile bunch. I bought three copies, a Russian download and two DVDs, even if it never gets fixed I will be disappointed but c'mon some of the posters appear to be about twelve years old or so. There's many bigger problems to experience before you grow into mature adults.
cheers and happy flying.
Ibis.
Old 05-15-2011, 01:45 AM
Approved Member

Well put Ibis.
Old 05-15-2011, 02:42 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibis View Post
I remember the headless chickens running amuck when Falcon4 was released, however the sky didn't fall and the Falcon soared to become a classic much like iL2.
It seems to me that most of the children throwing themselves on the floor and wailing and screaming are not the hard core iL2 crowd but newcomers who want what most of this latest generation want.
I want it NOW!! more for me! more for me! I want it for peanuts or for free even, and if it's not perfect I'm gonna throw a tantrum, I'll show you! you'll be sorry!
Bugga me what an infantile bunch. I bought three copies, a Russian download and two DVDs, even if it never gets fixed I will be disappointed but c'mon some of the posters appear to be about twelve years old or so. There's many bigger problems to experience before you grow into mature adults.
cheers and happy flying.
Ibis.

Who (in this thread) are you referring to??? I thought OP had some good points and didn't notice him demanding anything now or free....
Old 05-15-2011, 05:25 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 602Sqn.McLean View Post
I'm flying Angry Birds too. I find the ground graphics too cartoony and the damage model on the egg bomb bird totally floored. Other than that I feel the immersion aspect is spot on especially with the realistic sounds. Can't wait for Mods. I was wondering if the boomerang bird really did fly during the Monkey period. I doubt it but would be nice to include it for the monkey series.
The boomerang-bird did fly but it feels hopelessly overmodeled, no wai it turned like that without stalling IRL. I agree, the graphics are over saturated. Anxiously awaiting the new patch here.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:28 AM
Approved Member

thanks everyone for your comments, I believe that some of you missed the point, but fortunately Luthier hasn't:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=22887
Old 05-15-2011, 03:33 PM
Approved Member

you can leave out Oleg from the title of this thread, Oleg can't help you...