Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 05-13-2011, 07:55 PM
Global Moderator

Smile

The drama is unbearable... or maybe I should say unbearable boring.

The devs are working on it. As long as that is happening why waste time writing and analyzing it.
Old 05-13-2011, 08:45 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmiss View Post
The drama is unbearable... or maybe I should say unbearable boring.

The devs are working on it. As long as that is happening why waste time writing and analyzing it.
Yes, why not close the entire forum and let people do something constructive. I can´t understand this "devs are working on it, praise them or leave them be" -attitude. Why? Because none of the patches so far has made any difference in game´s performance for me. Now, I understand that some of us are getting better results, but AT LEAST half of the users are still suffering from abysmall performance. And this "only constructive praising allowed" -trend in this forum is giving them headache.
Old 05-13-2011, 08:51 PM
Approved Member

Help I'm bleeding.
Old 05-13-2011, 09:13 PM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by synti View Post
Yes, why not close the entire forum and let people do something constructive. I can´t understand this "devs are working on it, praise them or leave them be" -attitude. Why? Because none of the patches so far has made any difference in game´s performance for me. Now, I understand that some of us are getting better results, but AT LEAST half of the users are still suffering from abysmall performance. And this "only constructive praising allowed" -trend in this forum is giving them headache.
Your opinion of course. Your "half of users are still suffering" etc. You take too much on yourself. It always amazes me at self generated statistics people promote.

There are plenty of things to discuss without all the continual drama. Reminds me of a bunch of busy-body women sitting on the couch having their cookies and coffee talk.

Last edited by nearmiss; 05-13-2011 at 09:29 PM.
Old 05-13-2011, 09:46 PM
Approved Member

Nearmiss, I believe you made your point (which has nothing to do with what I'm saying anyway), do we really need to degenerate now?
Old 05-13-2011, 10:00 PM
Approved Member

Default Spot on mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternjaeger II View Post
Chivas, you have been around long enough to know that things have been like this for YEARS.

The (in)famous "the patch will be out in two weeks" pun is legend on the IL-2 related forums, they never made an effort to make their comms more effective. I know they're rushing, but if they want to be taken as a serious gaming company they need to get down from their "we're simulation rockstars" pedestal and interact with the community more, and I'm not necessarily talking about questions and answers, cos it can wear you off over time, I'd be very happy with a one way regular output, i.e. "these are our long term plans, as things are now this is our potential, we're looking for these things, we don't need these other things; these are our short term plans, etc.."

Many people came to the conclusion that we bought a late beta and that we're helping them tweaking it before the release to the US market, but that's just an assumption, nobody ever bothered saying "sorry, we kinda screwed up, we delivered an incomplete product because our distributor is a pain in the ass, but hey, we're working on fixing things", instead we get quick updates, with swift and sometimes sarcastic explanations of what has been fixed (an example is the explanation of the instrument flicker thing, where many of us people with flying experience said "nice, but it's overdone" and the reply we get on the patch is "Replaced every tachometer in every British and Italian plane with an electrical type, since some people find needle movement on the mechanical type not what they expected." )

To me it looks like the work of someone that doesn't wanna be there, but has to and leaves sarcastic comments based on his frustration.

I know it's probably not the case, but the sarcasm doesn't really make things better.

As for the patronising, it's always been like that, and I'm sorry if my comment doesn't help, but the guys have been proven wrong several times and never admitted it or apologised. Again don't get me wrong, I love what they do, but the guys really need to make an effort to come out and talk about the fantastic features of the sim.

Little gems like the machine gun tapes coming off on spits and hurris after you shoot, or the plane's paint wearing off as you proceed your career are things that should be highlighted on and on because that's what makes the difference between what they do and the rest of the crap that is out there.

Great post mate exactly how a lot of my forums members feel, duped would sum it up in one word.

Tbh i`ve almost stopped playing this release ( I bought 2 copies btw in good faith, 1 for our server and 1 for my PC), if they`d have said paid beta no one would`ve complained, instead they relied on the faith placed in them by thousands who supported their every move over 9 years of Il2 and released a game allegedly 6 years in the making which was is so badly flawed that after years of waiting I often can`t be bothered to play it. Ask yourself why there wasn`t a trial version or any tangeable gameplay shots. I`d call that deceipt.

I expect this will improve and in whatever timescale the sim will be the best out there, I resent being duped though.

Last edited by Storm of When; 05-13-2011 at 10:07 PM.
Old 05-13-2011, 10:41 PM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternjaeger II View Post
Nearmiss, I believe you made your point (which has nothing to do with what I'm saying anyway), do we really need to degenerate now?
I can't help but laugh. Just trying to help others get off the serious side.

Everything is fine, it will take time of course for a 100% complete BOB COD.

I heard this phrase many times in my life, "No news is good news".
Old 05-13-2011, 10:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luftrofl View Post
Another example of "game works fine for me anyone angry is a whiner".

Have you really managed to overlook all the guys having WORSE performance after the patches?
Go hunt down my posts.....and pay attention to what I typed. I got this game when it was russian only and have been struggleing to get it working. I can crash this game anytime I please because it has major memory usage problems. I always choose to have a positive spin and believe they are working as hard as they can to get it stable for their next release.

And on a side note I also have the justflight version AND I bought a gtx460 just for this game. Unfortunatly 460 xp and dx9 won't work together in this game. Had to go back to my old 260:

Chris
Old 05-13-2011, 11:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by col123 View Post
Another pointless thread starting with the I love you oleg and co blah blah and how great the sim is blah blah when he hasnt even played the broken piece of junk yet!..please give it a rest!..the world is full of blind zombified zealots as it is to have to read this tripe every week...this isnt about loyalty anymore..or how great Oleg is or WAS!...this is about a game that is about as playable and enjoyable as chewing broken glass whilst someone else tries to tell you to enjoy the pain!....everything about CLOD is wrong..apart from decent Virtual cockpits, lighting and DM the rest is useless and sometimes borders on pathetic and its much worse than most other sims out there including WOP..and dare i say the rather bland and insipid ROF..though ROF isnt much better it shares its one and only saving grace with CLOD..decent Aircraft, VC's and DM!...CLOD should have been developed properly instead of wasting all those years doing nowt then releasing it broken and trying to fix the damn thing with experimental patches...
..man you're a lost cause..
Old 05-13-2011, 11:53 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by synti View Post
Synti, What are your PC Specs? What settings are you using? What do you class as acceptable performance? What problems are you actually experiencing and in what circumstances?

The difference in asking for assistance and whining is that someone who wants to work towards a solution will actually state what the problem is. A whiner just moans on like a broken record. It's boring, repetitive and annoying.

The people that you are bashing in your posts are long standing members of the forum that have added to the community over the years by disseminating information and actively helping people with issues, and being involved in many, many (some time intense) debates.

They are not in the habit of demanding to have questions answered by the developers, demanding to have content added or post poorly written 'Open Letters' to elicite a response and waste the time of the very busy developers.

What do you intend to add to the community?

Last edited by Skoshi Tiger; 05-13-2011 at 11:55 PM.