Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 03-24-2011, 06:10 AM
Approved Member

If only I knew Russian!

I liked the video, not for the details it portrayed, but more for the lack of details shown. If you notice, all the close-ups of the planes weren't very detailed. The ground textures / grass weren't detailed as well.

I would wager a guess and say the graphic settings were somewhere towards medium, maybe even medium/low in that video.

We've all seen the screen shots and videos of grass moving with the wind, metalic shine of the Stuka, and every single rivot modeled in a wing, for instance.

This video showed none of that, and should make all those people with medium systems breath a sigh of relief. The video looked just a tad better than our current IL2 modded, and with that (not meant as an insult by any means), I'd guess that we have a wide variety of options for graphics/detail level to help with FPS issues and with those who don't own high end machines. That's very cool IMO.

ATAG Forums + Stats
Old 03-24-2011, 06:25 AM
Approved Member

Talking How good is this!

Hello all.

I've been through this intro video (and many others) and I have to say this is brilliant! The damage effects are a huge improvement on the old IL2, I just hope that the sounds will be spruced up a bit.

I've been playing Sturmovik for a while now, and I am pretty good, even if I say so myself.

Happy Planezing,
Scott.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:46 AM
Approved Member

When a 109 crashed, Ilya said the Spitfire had scored a manoeuvre kill - was that just his interpretation, or can the game award credit for manoeuvre kills?
Old 03-24-2011, 09:49 AM
Approved Member

Excactly what I thought of

Quote:
Originally Posted by [RS]Boomer View Post
Kill streaks??? I don't think that guy plays flight sims. No way in hell would I want to have kill streaks in MP. He just doesn't understand what this game is all about. Just my two cents
Old 03-24-2011, 10:01 AM
BigPickle

awh i hope they dont gay it up with stupid stuff like manoeuvre kills and kill streaks. There's no shaking head smily here, but if there was one i'd use it right now.

EDIT# just watched again by manoeuvre kill i think he means he got the AI the crash by flying close to the water.

Last edited by BigPickle; 03-24-2011 at 10:14 AM.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:34 AM
Approved Member

This video is really exciting- the modelling on the exteriors looks fantastic. I agree that it appears to be made using low detail settings. I wonder about the difficulty settings as well- it may have had stalls disabled (that manouver the 109 pulled just before it crashed should have sent it into a more dramatic spin).
What i found remarkable was the way the Spit was able to sit on the 6 of the He111 and not get hit by a sniper tail gunner!
I noted the mention of the international release date as well- can't wait for 30th of March.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:56 PM
Hecke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakduk View Post
I agree that it appears to be made using low detail settings.
What makes you think so? For me it seemed they were pretty much maxed out.
Old 03-24-2011, 01:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPickle View Post
awh i hope they dont gay it up with stupid stuff like manoeuvre kills and kill streaks
What's wrong with a manoeuvre kill? In the war you could just claim it as a normal kill, no one will know if you put bullets in it. If you outfly your opponent and force them to make a mistake, why shouldn't you get credit for it?

It would obviously be difficult to code it, and there would be mistakes, but I'd like it if it was possible. Not sure how that's comparible with kill streaks, which is very FPS and would be ridiculous.