Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 03-23-2011, 10:55 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diveplane View Post
whats the score with the land below wtf?
Did the name 'Roundels' and description not give it away?
Old 03-23-2011, 10:58 PM
Approved Member

I think it was a bad idea to paint targets on the British aircraft

Flying online as Setback.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:13 PM
Approved Member

I can read many people complaining but the more I watch the video the more I think it's gonna be a great sim.

And by the way.
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...2&postcount=50

Quote:
Can we get back on track?

Each individual bullet hit is shown exactly where it strikes, as a individual bullet hole decal.

In addition to that, large Il-2 style holes are displayed in predetermined spots when the damage is heavy enough. We still cannot do large holes dynamically, or rather, we can't make them look very good, jagged edges, internal damage, etc.

Compared to Il-2, the planes are split up into many more smaller individually damageable sections, each of which display their larger damage individually. For instance, an Il-2 wing was made up of three sections, and a BoB wing is 14 - or in total, while an Il-2 plane had about 30 damageable components, most planes in BoB have over 300.

This means that you rarely see similar-looking damage, as it's hard to damage the exact same components every time.
WOW
Old 03-23-2011, 11:57 PM
Approved Member

I really like the idea of having groups of AI controlled planes that have objectives of their own... I always used to get tired of pure fighter servers.. only the one or two people would decide to take a bomber up to try and bomb the oppositions airbase...

this way we can have something more of a realistic scenario in our fighter servers beside just being 109s vs spits.

-----

the only thing was a bit odd (and i noticed it the first time this vid was shown) was the Rev dial in the spitfire cockpit... why was it oscillating so violently? that cant be right.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:59 PM
Approved Member

lol major
Old 03-24-2011, 12:11 AM
Approved Member

You're right Dano...i watched this video yesterday (the original, non-translated version with the Russian commentary) and didn't make the connection before

The RAF bases are on islands that look like a roundel, the Luftwaffe bases are on islands that form a cross
Old 03-24-2011, 12:24 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
I really like the idea of having groups of AI controlled planes that have objectives of their own... I always used to get tired of pure fighter servers.. only the one or two people would decide to take a bomber up to try and bomb the oppositions airbase...

this way we can have something more of a realistic scenario in our fighter servers beside just being 109s vs spits.

-----

the only thing was a bit odd (and i noticed it the first time this vid was shown) was the Rev dial in the spitfire cockpit... why was it oscillating so violently? that cant be right.
+ 1 ai planes, especially bombers, will make dogfights even more interesting.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:32 AM
Approved Member

hope they include realistic maps, i wont be flying that arcade scat map= lame imo

Last edited by diveplane; 03-24-2011 at 12:48 AM.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:58 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diveplane View Post
hope they include realistic maps, i wont be flying that arcade scat map= lame imo
No, they'll not include realistic maps. You can fly in, for example: "Pizza map",
"Pacman map" and so on.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:59 AM
Approved Member

I love how the gunners head move and look in the direction they are shooting at!!!!