Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 06-25-2011, 04:54 PM
Approved Member

Hey DFlion, do we need to redownload these campaigns again (Spit & German ones) due to the 'sinking below ground' issue with the FMB, or are they stil working ok?
Old 06-25-2011, 11:51 PM
Approved Member

Default I haven't noticed this problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus View Post
Hey DFlion, do we need to redownload these campaigns again (Spit & German ones) due to the 'sinking below ground' issue with the FMB, or are they stil working ok?
Orpheus, I haven't seen this problem in my campaigns after downloading all patches, including the latest 1.02.14821. They all seem to be working ok, the only problem I am having is that the default bf109E-3 skin is overwriting Capt. Farrells historical skins, you can't seem to get rid of it, ending up with one skin overlaying the other?

The FMB still has a long way to go, although the flight sim interface seems to be working smoother and the flying seems a lot better.

I did see a Dornier taxying with half its tyres in the runway. When I altered the aircraft fuel weight, they were ok.

DFLion
Old 08-25-2011, 11:40 AM
Approved Member

Put both folder where they should be and i see no campaign for this..

Only single missions in single play..is that correct?
Old 08-26-2011, 04:31 AM
Approved Member

I think that's how it was released, as a sequence of single missions in their own folder.

I seem to remember there was another guy who converted them to campaign format, but i can't find the relevant post. Maybe the converted versions are hosted at www.airwarfare.com, have a look there.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:23 PM
Approved Member

I downloaded and installed the mission AND BRIEFING files as described at the host site. Fired up IL-2 and there they were. Tried out a couple of the Tiger Moth training missions. Briefing info was well written I thought. Nice to have a couple AI in air near you too. Found I did much better without the jerk trainer yelling nonsense at me and diving at the runway. The Tiger Moth is certainly a beast to taxi. Took a bit of wingtip off during first landing but instructor and I survived.

All in all seem to be a nice set of mission files. Thanks

Edit: I just discovered that I could put missions into unique folders in the missions\single\ folder and the Folder Name will show up nicely in IL-2. Nice. Helps keep things neat and organized

Last edited by lorenzoj; 01-11-2013 at 08:22 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:02 PM
Approved Member

Smile Spitfire Dawn Campaign update coming soon

I am just puting the finishing touches to an update to Spitfire Dawn using all the FMB tools that Ilya finally switched on in his last release.
Just about all missions have trigger points now that make each mission more exciting and realistic - 'watch out for the Hun in the Sun'.
I am also trying to get the scripting working better which will give you controller radar calls on enemy aircraft and better mission progression.
I like the new sound profile of the Spitfire now, it is vastly improved. I have also added new skins for all German aircraft which are now more historically realistic.
Just about all missions start from an airfield taxi point, though at some stage you have to put the aircraft on autopilot to sync the scripting (some sort of scripting bug).
I am also working on an update to JG26 which will have trigger points on all missions plus some new missions.
I was very saddened when IL2 'pulled the plug' on COD. Admittedly I have a high end computer rig and everything works fine at the high end of realism for me. I think COD is the best WWII flight sim to date. I am hoping that the new IL2/Studio777 will salvage many of the aircraft/vehicle/ship/train/building and artillery from COD and hopefully develop another Channel Map for their new game engine?
DFLion