Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 07-16-2012, 03:29 AM
Registered Member

Red face [beginner question]How to update Patch (by order)?

Hi,

I bought the COD at last week though Steam.Before that I just think Steam will update to latest version automatically.
When I run the game I found it still stop in 1.05 15950, this version always meet the launcher crashes problem.

I found the post at May 05 for PATCH v1.06.17582 : "the infamous launcher crashes have been fixed"
Now, the latest patch is v.1.07.18301.

My question is:
If I want use the latest version, should I need patch the v1.06 first? or Just patch v.1.07.18301 directly ?

Does the latest patch "Cover" all old patches?

sounds stupid question, but I really don't know how should I do.

Thanks
Old 07-16-2012, 03:43 AM
Approved Member

It's not like 1946 where you had to install them in order.

Let steam update your game fully to get the latest official patch, and then install the latest beta patch. That's it.

Last edited by CaptainDoggles; 07-16-2012 at 03:55 AM. Reason: SPELING LOLE
Old 07-16-2012, 07:40 AM
Registered Member

Thanks buddy~

I have patch the v.1.07.18301 successfully,

BTW, the video performance of 1.07.18301 much better than 1.05 15950, almost like two different games in my computer
Old 07-16-2012, 08:12 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwanami View Post
Thanks buddy~

I have patch the v.1.07.18301 successfully,

BTW, the video performance of 1.07.18301 much better than 1.05 15950, almost like two different games in my computer
Glad to hear it! also, welcome to the community! Always nice with a fresh face. If you have any questions don't be afraid to ask. There are several sub-forums for technical, gameplay, multiplayer etc. support. Hope you will enjoy the game.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:55 AM
Approved Member

Can some one tell me how to aply the 07 patch. Iv got 05 but i dont have a clue how to aply these patches please help.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:03 AM
Approved Member

Can someone tell me how to aply the 07 patch. Please help
Old 07-16-2012, 09:28 AM
Approved Member

Hi MIRGERVIN

I assume that you are referring to the latest beta patch? Download the patch from here, then extract it to somewhere convenient (like your Desktop). The extracted folder (‘Parts’) must then be copied to your game folder to over-write the existing one. If you wish to make a backup, simply copy the existing ‘Parts’ folder to some backup location before over-writing it. If you then wish to revert to the previous version, rename the updated ‘Parts’ folder to something else (like ‘Parts18301’) and copy the original back. You can then swop between the two versions by renaming the folders in turn. You can also revert to the latest official version using Steam to verify the game files.

It is also a good idea to delete the contents of the cache folder when updating to the beta version (and back again if required). The cache is in your ‘Documents\1C Softclub\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover\Cache\Shaders’ folder – I can’t remember the exact folder names as I am at the office at the moment. The game will re-create the cache when it is run again.

Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5 | AMD FX-8350 | MSI HD7970 TFOC-BE | 8GB Corsair DDR-III 1866 | Win8.1 Pro 64-bit
Old 07-16-2012, 09:50 AM
Approved Member

You can download the latest betapatch here, just avoid the oron.com download link as it sucks :

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=32916

How to install the beta :
1) Have Steam verify integrity of local files (to get back to last official version)
2) Go to your documents\1c softclub\IL-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover folder and go into the cache folder. Delete everything in there (the game will rebuild it based on the new version next time you run the sim).
3) Extract the beta patch in the game folder (c:\whatever_you_named_it\steam\steamapps\common\I L-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover) and let it overwrite anything it wants to overwrite
4) Run the sim and load a quickmission to force it to rebuild the cache.
5) Restart the game

(yes this how-to was stolen from Septic who, i think, stole it from Blackdog ;p )

Just remember it is a beta and as such has some known bugs, most notably with trees only being drawn for a short distance and the 100oct planes being difficult to start online.

If it messes something up for you, just repeat step 1 to get back to the last official version.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:29 AM
Approved Member

One other thing - once you've installed the beta patch and cleared your cache, if you are having stuttering/slow downs online you can try JTDawg's fix if needed.

Last edited by Bounder!; 07-16-2012 at 10:33 AM.
Old 07-16-2012, 03:51 PM
Approved Member

Thank you so much guys for your help i may get a game online now.