Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 08-08-2011, 04:38 AM
Approved Member

Default Hope to talk to him soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehawk View Post
Wow, I'd love to hear any stories he's willing to share. Will you be putting this up to see when complete?
Sadly, all the WWII pilots are now getting older. I am hoping to record a discussion with him very soon and certainly , with his permission, share his story. He is a member of my local Returned Soldiers League.

My fathers last B24 crew member died last month, leaving my father as the only member left, he is 89. I have recorded some memoirs from my father, though he is not keen to publish them. He was a pilot with 21 Squadron RAAF, flying Liberators in the Pacific during WWII.

DFLion
Old 08-08-2011, 09:04 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedLynch View Post
So if the "M" slider icon is all the way at the top it means the mixture is lean?

Just answered that myself by trying it out again.
The prop pitch is also reversed.

And even worse they drive on the wrong side of the road!
Mixture yes, pitch is normal though:
lever forward=lower angle of attack of prop blades=higher RPM
lever backwards=higher prop blade AoA=lower RPM

The only aircraft (at least to my knowledge) where pitch controls are reversed (due to a bug introduced in a previous patch) are the 109 and 110.
Old 08-08-2011, 11:25 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loeseth View Post
Hello and thanx for the campaign, which I have tried tonight. Problem is, soon after I am ithe air, the motor suddenly looses power. Any suggestions??
I haven't downloaded this campaign yet (thanks df!), but I'm assuming the Hurri's have the DeHavilland two-stage prop. If you try to coarsen your pitch, the revs will go straight down to about 2000rpm or less. Just a 'maybe' explanation.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:33 PM
Registered Member

Smile

Thank you guys, it was the prop pitch that did it. I am fairly new to the sim, so I havent tried the complex engines settings yet - but when i did, the rpms stayed solid.
And thanks to Luthier for COD! I have flown sims since "the knights of the skies", on Amiga back in 1992 (or 3), and I think this one is the toughest of them all! I simply enjoy it.http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/images/icons/icon7.gif
Old 08-08-2011, 08:02 PM
Approved Member

Downloaded the campaign today and flew the first two missions with full CEM.

I have to say that they felt much more like the early missions of a 'proper campaign' and mirrored the early situation in France very well.

I also got nowhere near the first recon a/c, but spent all my ammo on the second one and achieved only 50% damage.

I really must sort out my convergence properly, and remember to adjust the sight before shooting!

I'm looking forward to the next twelve missions and am hoping for a spectacular finale!

Thanks again DF!
Old 08-09-2011, 07:36 AM
Approved Member

Default I got him on a test flight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch_851 View Post
Downloaded the campaign today and flew the first two missions with full CEM.

I have to say that they felt much more like the early missions of a 'proper campaign' and mirrored the early situation in France very well.

I also got nowhere near the first recon a/c, but spent all my ammo on the second one and achieved only 50% damage.

I really must sort out my convergence properly, and remember to adjust the sight before shooting!

I'm looking forward to the next twelve missions and am hoping for a spectacular finale!

Thanks again DF!
Thanks for your feedback Dutch_851. I have attached some pics showing the 'nailing' of the recon. Dornier in Mission 1, it can be done.

There are a couple of spectacular missions near the end of the campaign.

DFLion
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 01_Gaining_on_him_emergency_boost.jpg (220.0 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 02_Getting_in_position.jpg (254.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 03_Got_him!.jpg (160.5 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 04_Dornier_crew_bailing_out.jpg (241.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 05_Empty_Dornier_about_to_go_in.jpg (97.7 KB, 10 views)
Old 08-09-2011, 07:37 AM
Approved Member

Excellent..looking forward to giving this a whirl

---
- Carl