Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Units, artifacts, spells and Pet Dragon

Units, artifacts, spells and Pet Dragon Discussion, questions and solutions about units, artifacts, spells and Pet Dragon.

Old 10-21-2010, 09:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteral View Post
The damage output of the Ancient Phoenix is better then in AP.
So playing a Impossible Mage game is easier then before. At least for me.

I did killed everything on Bolo in less then 4 game hours. I didn't backtrack or do any unnecessary walking.

ICECOOL how long does it take you to Clear Bolo + the Underground.
Well, that depends on you getting the Phoenix early. In my game, it only spawned in Verona. But I have been using it with my Paladin, and even with a lower intellect it is usefull.

I wonder how powerfull the Resurrection talent is, is it worth casting instead of Resurrect? Can it resurrect level 5s too?
Old 11-21-2010, 06:12 PM
Approved Member

Sorry for the late reply,

Yes the Ancient Phoenix can resurrect lvl 5 to.
Thats why he is so much more powerful then in Armored Princess.
The more int you have the more HP and ATT the Phoenix has.

I am still working on my Impossible Mage campaing (going for 0 loss and max 7 days) I am lvl 30 now and I still use the Phoenix.
My main tactic is first round cast Fear and Summon Phoenix.
Second round Fear Fear (or slow). Then I cast Magic springs and stone skin on my Red dragons and go finish the battle. Most of my battles don't last longer than 7 rounds.
Old 12-08-2010, 04:48 PM
Approved Member

Also tried the new phoenix and he really rocks now. Hes ress is quite low but his dmg output is so awesome. I am mostly starting with target on demon summoned by demenologist and phoenix, or if enemy hits really hard i do stoneskin/mana spring first and phoenix goes on round 2. Of course i do not plan to use him on shettera and against dragons, thats his weakness ;p
Old 12-08-2010, 11:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
Also tried the new phoenix and he really rocks now. Hes ress is quite low but his dmg output is so awesome. I am mostly starting with target on demon summoned by demenologist and phoenix, or if enemy hits really hard i do stoneskin/mana spring first and phoenix goes on round 2. Of course i do not plan to use him on shettera and against dragons, thats his weakness ;p
Actually, against the fire dragons, he is not so bad, since he can "burn" a retaliation away while receiving very little damage.

You should try the Ancient Phoenix with the Belt of the Victor. Yum.
Old 12-09-2010, 04:42 PM
Approved Member

Do not remember such item. With oil mist is fun too
Old 12-10-2010, 10:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
Do not remember such item. With oil mist is fun too
Very rare item. It is a composite item, and it might be called something differently in other languages, like Belt of the Winner. Winner's Belt.

Raises base defense by 50% and movement by 1. It makes the phoenix much stronger, which is quite ideal since you can't buff the guy directly with spells.

Oooh yeah. Oil Mist is really ideal... ah, almost makes me want to play again. Almost.

It is a new item from the Gift Bag, and it is also in Crossworlds
- Berserker Shield
- Black Band
- Steel Defender

With the new patch 1.3.1, I am replaying one of my best saved Mage games again. I can easily hit ~72ish intellect with the build and now that Dragon of Chaos is GOOD, I plan to use the Ancient Phoenix and Dragon of Chaos together.

I did a quick kite to Verona (only map I had to kite so far) to get Call Phoenix, tech-slammed to get Order Level 3. I got really lucky, Sandals of the Martyr spawned on Verona as well. Call Colossus spawned on Isle of Scarlet Wind!

Thanks to your Oil Mist tip, I can raise my Fire Mage medal while still using my favorite Ancient Phoenix.

One Rune Mage + Ancient Phoenix soloed most of the early maps. I didn't want to go BACK to Bolo again (ugh, now that I think about it, I missed the stupid mission that requires minimum 4 defense), so I used Call Colossus there to get 2 Red Dragons.

Took out most of Rusty Island.

Now I am at Verona and doing fairly well against the normal mobs, and just picked up a Black Dragon and another Rune Mage.

Last edited by ckdamascus; 12-22-2010 at 01:16 PM.