Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > NecroVisioN > Technical issues

Old 03-31-2009, 03:58 AM
Registered Member

Default WAlking speed too slow - is there a console command...

...to speed up the basic walking pace? I'm not talking mad fast; maybe just a 10-20% boost, cos it seems to me that movement is a little sluggish. It's not a graphics thing as everything runs a-OK but navigating some of the bigger levels (5, for example) feels a little bit laboured, especially when you're hunting for secret areas down long passageways etc etc.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:27 AM
Approved Member

You can modify that, but not in the console in think. You must have the programme "Painfull" and extract the good file (tweak.lua I think, Gniarf would probably help you more) and open the file with notepad or word. It's easy and fast, don't worry Check the mod section for more informations.
Old 03-31-2009, 10:42 AM
Approved Member

It's exactly as Kr3v says:
1-you can't modify the player speed via console command (afaik)
2-you can modify the player speed by editting tweak.lua, line 118 ("PlayerSpeed = 6.0,")
Old 03-31-2009, 04:56 PM
Approved Member

After, create a folder in Data named LSCRIPTS and put in it your new folder (Main) where tweak.lua is located. So you'll have that : NecrovisioN\Data\LSCRIPTS\Main\Tweak.lua. Otherwise, it won't work.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:42 AM
Approved Member

I remember earlier this year I downloaded the demo of Necrovision and installed it. But I could enjoy the game -- the framerate was ridiculously slow, something like 5-10 fps. The others also reported the slow framerate. I thought the game was unoptimised, and decided against buying, and deleted the demo from my harddrive. (I have ATI HD3870 card on my AMD X2 2.3 GHz computer.)

But now I see that people play this game. Was there a patch released which improved the speed of thegame ?
Old 04-18-2009, 12:11 AM
Approved Member

There is a patch, but honestly perf didn't change a lot.