Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 03-22-2010, 12:09 PM
Approved Member

In the Hanger when you select weapons for the XVI it says 2 x 7.7mm cannon and 2 x Hispano. I think the game is wrong. Should be .50cals.

So the IX has better armament than the XVI.. ?
Old 03-22-2010, 06:18 PM
Approved Member

how hard is it to bring down a 190 or 109 with a xvi?? it would be a lot harder with a .303 than a 50 cal! if you see no difference between the ix and the xvi the game is wrong and the plane has a 50 cal....that would be my guess.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:03 AM
Registered Member

What about the P-51B or any of the mustang series? I didn't see you mention those, maybe I missed it or something? How are they in dogfights? Are they better at T&B or B&Z?
Old 04-09-2010, 01:21 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzyguitar19 View Post
What about the P-51B or any of the mustang series? I didn't see you mention those, maybe I missed it or something? How are they in dogfights? Are they better at T&B or B&Z?
They are great at the following....

ah....

um....

erm....

Absolutey nothing. Haha.On the PS3 they may be much better in a dogfight now that its been patched. But on the 360 they are horrible to use. They spin and stall far to easily and lose alot of speed very quickly in a turn or climb.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:38 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzyguitar19 View Post
Yep, Foz is right on 360 the Mustangs are pretty lame in any dogfight. If you want to use one though take the P51D and B&Z only and never try to turn with any undamaged plane. Its best used in supprise attacks jumping down on someone who is chasing another plane. Take it into a 1v1 and you lose every time. Me and SEE where testing out the planes dogfight abilitys at high altitude tonight and the low to medium altitude La.5 still murders the P-51 even at 20,000ft. The Mustang is terrible at that altitude, stalling even if you think about turning (would be useless to the B-17s)

On PS3 with the patch and not using a custom button layout, The P-51D is ment to handle much better but its still a B&Z plane. The blackouts should work to the P51 pilots advantage to, but I think alot of T&B players just play with the brightness turned way up. (maybe the blackout should have been more like a circle wipe to solid black?)

XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope

Last edited by Robotic Pope; 04-09-2010 at 02:40 AM.
Old 04-09-2010, 07:17 AM
Approved Member

if the P 51 was as lame as it is in this game.....honestly, i would have never been born. in arcade it does ...pretty good...in sim and real.... when there ( real/sim)all i did was stall/spin recovery. there isnt a real plane that flies this crappy.....300+ mph in a dive and getting a stall??? i believe this game works around certain parameters. if you pull the stick back to a certain degree angle of attack...or bank to a specific degree...it enters you into the "stall" zone. i have done more in a real ( not high performance ac as these) plane doing lesser maneuvers and never fell out of the sky. in all actuality, if arcade had flaps and "black out..for "G" force...it would be more real than the others..imho...
Old 05-05-2010, 06:37 AM
Approved Member

They whine the same in IL-2. Funny, I have no troubles outturning anything with Balkenkrautzes(cept Storch) or racking up incredible tallies flying a P51. Controller sensitivity?
Old 05-06-2010, 05:52 AM
Approved Member

Erkki, you PC, PS3, or Xbox?? does make a difference. if you are 360 and can do that...man, i want you to teach me! cos look at Foz and Pope's posts.....they have been doing this way longer than me and that is their assessment ( for xbox)... so if the vets have a hard time...novices like me...you get the point!
Old 05-18-2010, 02:32 AM
Registered Member

I never minded P-51's but I liked other planes better - it felt like Spitfires and Mustangs always were stalling on me when other planes wouldn't do that as much, but maybe I'm crazy or something.

I got one on a mission to like 500 mph at one point but it took me a while of using WEP and then hitting it before my speed got back down to normal. It's doable if you do it right, but like, who is going to do that in a multiplayer game against other people?
Old 07-03-2010, 09:06 AM
Approved Member

Im a real big American fighter fan, I just find it hard to believe a p-51 B or D is crap in this game. Arguably one of the best fighter aircraft ever conceived in time of war. It was highly maneuverable and was one of the faster aircraft. Normally in a flight simulator id pick a P-38 Lightning, but to no surprise it isnt on here( tear) then id go with my two second P-51 or P-47. I think there is a method to the madness. Ive only been playing online now for a couple days and i have seen what a P-51 can do. As Chuck Yeager said its not the plane its the pilot. Me and a guy were flying P-51 D's against 2 Bf-109 G-6's. Now seing as im a rookie pilot the krauts had fun blowing me out of the sky, but some of the maneuvers like pulling the plane straight up, cutting the throttle and flipping back on your enemy did work. Or it allowed my wingman time to come up from behind and clear my six. Any plane can match another, just take unpredictability and the mind set of a mad scientist with a crazed look in his eye.

Also what about FW-190's they had there benefits too.. Let me hear about them too? Also maybe some tactics for us who will fly the P-47/P-51 regardless of better aircraft to choose....Please not im not trying to be cocky just excited to get to fight live opponents.