Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 02-10-2011, 01:36 AM
Registered Member

Default IL2 CoD level bombing sight

hi guys

are there any details as to how we can conduct level bombing in CoD? I'm sincerely hoping its a lot better than IL2 (ie. having to fly the plane whilst in the bomb aimers position at the same time).

Also, I'm sincerely hoping that we will have the IAS/TAS dials available. IRL bomb aimers had ALL that info at hand and we should too...not having to use some 3rd party software.

Defeats the purpose when you have to use level bombers to dive bomb because most players can't figure out the bomb aiming device.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:47 AM
Approved Member

I hope CoD is just like real life too. Sit at the bombsight for a few hours, input a few numbers into the bombsight from some gauges, watch the bombs drop and sit some more. Let AI or other human players do the rest. That's going to be a great game. At least 50 dollars worth!
Old 02-10-2011, 06:36 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadBlaster View Post
I hope CoD is just like real life too. Sit at the bombsight for a few hours, input a few numbers into the bombsight from some gauges, watch the bombs drop and sit some more. Let AI or other human players do the rest. That's going to be a great game. At least 50 dollars worth!

It's a reasonable request, why do you feel the need to take the pi$$?

What's wrong with handing over to the AI on the bomb run?
Old 02-10-2011, 07:22 AM
Approved Member

The bombardier in a Heinkel also had the job of manning the nose-gun, navigating, and working as the engineer.

It would be interesting if these features could be modeled, but it would be hard to do. ("Hey AI, change heading to 340 degrees") It would probably be better on multi-crew coop.

I do agree that IL-2 does not provide enough material/ documentation on how to use bomb-sights. Be sure to check out Youtube videos, and if you want, we can have a 1 on 1 session for bombing practice.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:29 AM
Approved Member

Would be nice to see the bombsite in a update one week.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:34 AM
Approved Member

Reasonable? I think it is pathetic. I don't understand the need to take a great game like IL-2 with its great gameplay and turn it into a dumbed down AI monster for the sake of realism. It seems to be a common theme on this board. "The pilot couldn't jump to the gunner station in real life...the navigator didn't fly the plane in real life...the bombadier didn't shoot the guns in real life...etc." I keep my fingers crossed that the CoD developers ignore this stuff. Il-2 is a great game already. Let's keep it that way.
Old 02-10-2011, 07:43 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by furbs View Post
Would be nice to see the bombsite in a update one week.
i agree, thought they would have shown it before now :/
Old 02-10-2011, 07:51 AM
Approved Member

Yes, more info on the bombers/sights, especially the Br.20 I feel the bombers have really taken the backseat in most discussions. Grass, dots, weather whatever, please show us some info on AIRPLANES!
Old 02-10-2011, 08:11 AM
Approved Member

A big +1 on the bombing techniques in one of the next updates. I have been asking to see that particular aspect of the game for quite some time now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Pharoah View Post
(ie. having to fly the plane whilst in the bomb aimers position at the same time)
I do presume that you know how to use level stabilizer?

For all other info about how to conduct pinpoint precise level bombing in IL2 consult to my manual below.

LEVEL BOMBING MANUAL v2.0 | Dedicated Bomber Squadron
'MUSTANG' - compilation of online air victories
Old 02-10-2011, 10:14 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T}{OR View Post
I do presume that you know how to use level stabilizer?
And the rudder trim for corrections while above is engaged.