Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Other > Other Topics

Other Topics Feel free to discuss other topics here.

Old 10-12-2011, 08:06 AM
Approved Member

Default OT: I'm on 1946!

Just to let you guys know, Ive finally got IL2 1946 on my new PC. It runs like a dream!

If anyone wants to do some co-op or play some dogfight etc, do post below. Once I've worked the online out, I'll be up there on your wing!
Old 10-12-2011, 08:29 AM
Approved Member

Congrats mate but why dont you post it in the IL2 section (Stirmovik)?

This is the console version of the game
Old 10-12-2011, 09:27 AM
Approved Member

I know mate, I was letting my fellow Bop'ers know hence the OT at the start of the thread title.

I will head there though, I need a hand with updating it. >.<
Old 10-12-2011, 10:11 AM
Approved Member

Off Topic from Off Topic: Do you have Wings of Prey as well?

MAC
Old 10-12-2011, 10:16 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-51 View Post
I know mate, I was letting my fellow Bop'ers know hence the OT at the start of the thread title.

I will head there though, I need a hand with updating it. >.<
Lol..sry m8

Didnt see that..my bad
Old 10-12-2011, 10:54 AM
Approved Member

IL1946 is a big Sim. I'm sure you will enjoy it and you need to add the official update patches in the order that they were released. You will also need 'Hyperlobby' for online play (which is free) and lists all the servers available, once installed you launch it, select your server and it loads IL1946 for you. All the info is on the IL2 sister site along with the tweaks to optimise the graphics way beyond what a standard installation provides

I would recommend you do that first, then at a later date add one of the modpacks such a UltraPack 3 or SASmodact 3. Some servers require you to have these packs installed and/or running at least official version 4.11. Out of the box I think its 4.07.

Get Headtracking, probably the best accessory ever designed for Flightsims apart from a Flightstick and essential if you intend to go on full realism servers at some point.

If your PC can handle it get 'Cliffs of Dover' too!

AMD A8 5600K Quad Core 3.6 Ghz - Win 7 64 - 8Gb Ram - GTX660ti 2Gb VRAM - FreeTrack - X52 - Asus 23' Monitor.

Last edited by SEE; 10-12-2011 at 12:20 PM.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:25 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACADEMIC View Post
Off Topic from Off Topic: Do you have Wings of Prey as well?

MAC
I don't Sorry!

@Ze-Jamz:
No problem!

@SEE:
I have the patches installing as we speak (in the right order) and hyperlobby is up and running. I'm VGGuy on it, by the way
I'll have to look at those mods - will I be able to play non-modded games with them installed?

I have been looking at CoD and WoP :p Thought I might hang out for a little while for them to become cheaper - not enough funds at the moment

Edit: Also, I cant seem to see the part about upgrading the graphics. Maybe I'm bing thick..

Last edited by P-51; 10-12-2011 at 03:40 PM.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:18 AM
Approved Member

P51, if you tell me which GFX card you have installed, model, memory size, etc ( it will be an ATI or NVidea) I will post what you need to do, how to do it, etc. I will also link you to some threads that may be useful. The objective is to have the game running in 'Perfect' which you cannot do by the in game graphics menu. If you think its good now, wait untill you see it running in 'perfect' mode.

The latest Modpacls allow you to select wether to run IL1946 modified or Vanilla (unmodded) via a simple start menu - you just select which you want to run. For someone new to the process of modding I would strongly suggest UP3 as this includes all the popular mods and more flyable planes than you could ever wish for and its self installing.

Discussion of Mods was prohibited on 1C but that ban was lifted so you can find out more in the 1c IL1946 mods forum. Also google UP3 and you will find the UltraPack website with lots of usefull info and download links (its a frigging huge set of files so be warned that it takes time to get them all DL'd to your pc. Well worth it though!

AMD A8 5600K Quad Core 3.6 Ghz - Win 7 64 - 8Gb Ram - GTX660ti 2Gb VRAM - FreeTrack - X52 - Asus 23' Monitor.

Last edited by SEE; 10-13-2011 at 12:20 AM.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:52 PM
Approved Member

It's an ATI Radeon HD 6870. All you should need is on the link

I did think it's good now to be honest :p For the age of the game.

I'll head to the sister site now and see what I can find on UP3 ther , before heading off and downloading it. It cant be as big as IL2 1946 and DCS A-10C from steam, though - that took a while and a half!

Thanks a lot! It's really apreciated! We'll have to fly sometime
Old 10-13-2011, 03:30 PM
Approved Member

The graphics will look a bit dated compared to BoP but that is very much an initial response. After a while the graphics are actually better in key areas of flight simmimg rather than just the ground textures.

I haven't launched IL1946 since Clod came out but once you have it running and feel comfortable with it I will certainly join you in a session.

I'm on my laptop at the moment but will post what you need to do to run 'Perfect' when I get on my PC. A standard install usually has the game running in 'excellent' (which sounds good but is inferior to 'Perfect').

I would suggest you run the game initially unmodded 4.11 then copy the entire directory and store it on your hard disk. You can have as many copies as you want but it's standard practice to have at least one vanilla version copy just in case you need to start over and not have to go through applying all the patch updates. You can copy the folder as many times as you want and run the game from any of those folders.