Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Other > Other Topics

Other Topics Feel free to discuss other topics here.

Old 08-17-2011, 08:00 PM
Approved Member

Hey Rambo...don't hate you man...even though I like the series...never did get to Play AC6...that was pretty crappy that it did not market to PS3...and you might even say... I didn't miss much in your opinion...Well it is arcady (new word)...after playing BOP, it does change your perspective on flight games...I feel your pain man
Old 08-17-2011, 08:19 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo Rich 360 View Post

I know a lot of people like the game, but to be honest, i'd rather play Over-G than Ace Combat.
+1. At the time I really enjoyed AC6 and played the multiplayer to death. But after BoP I now enjoy the flying in OverG more than AC6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsevillajr View Post
Hi Rob...I know...I know...I may have overstated the use of the word "spec"...I should have said in relation to the other planes in the game...pointing to the fact that the A-10 is a sub-sonic aircraft...alright partner

BTW...you're an xboxer aren't you???

I never got to play AC6
Yes xbox. I remember the anger on a certain Ace combat forum when it was anounced there would be no PS3 AC6, wow it was rough.

XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope

Last edited by Robotic Pope; 08-17-2011 at 08:37 PM.
Old 08-18-2011, 12:09 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsevillajr View Post
Hey Rambo...don't hate you man...even though I like the series...never did get to Play AC6...that was pretty crappy that it did not market to PS3...and you might even say... I didn't miss much in your opinion...Well it is arcady (new word)...after playing BOP, it does change your perspective on flight games...I feel your pain man
arcady or arcadey is not in a dictionary that i can find.so here is my definition.a game that that makes no real effort to simulate what its like to fly ,drive,shoot, with any realism.or a game where you are at a automatic serious disadvantage because of older age and lack of practice
Old 08-18-2011, 01:23 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane View Post
arcady or arcadey is not in a dictionary that i can find.so here is my definition.a game that that makes no real effort to simulate what its like to fly ,drive,shoot, with any realism.or a game where you are at a automatic serious disadvantage because of older age and lack of practice
Are you of older age or the later As for me I'm both....ha ha ha
Old 08-18-2011, 01:04 PM
Approved Member

Ace Combat, even from the beginning has always been a flight combat game, NOT a flight sim! Those are two very different types of games! Now having said that, even though the AC series has more of an arcade flare to it, doesn't mean it's a bad game! Yeah, the planes will have 100+ missiles and yes some of the missiles will not work according to their real life counterparts, but IMO it's plain silly to say the game is bad just because of that, lol! If you're looking for a fun game with great gameplay, fantastic visuals and a good story line behind it to drive the action, then you can't go wrong with Ace Combat!!! There will always be some fans of flight games who won't like the series, but I honestly believe that those people would likely be in the minority! I'm a huge fan of the series, so I may be a little biased in my assessment, but up until BoP, there wasn't any flight game out there that I though could top Ace Combat and I still hold that opinion at least when it comes to modern jet fighter games! Just my $0.02 anyways, lmao!
Old 08-18-2011, 02:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuffMonk View Post
Ace Combat, even from the beginning has always been a flight combat game, NOT a flight sim! Those are two very different types of games! Now having said that, even though the AC series has more of an arcade flare to it, doesn't mean it's a bad game! Yeah, the planes will have 100+ missiles and yes some of the missiles will not work according to their real life counterparts, but IMO it's plain silly to say the game is bad just because of that, lol! If you're looking for a fun game with great gameplay, fantastic visuals and a good story line behind it to drive the action, then you can't go wrong with Ace Combat!!! There will always be some fans of flight games who won't like the series, but I honestly believe that those people would likely be in the minority! I'm a huge fan of the series, so I may be a little biased in my assessment, but up until BoP, there wasn't any flight game out there that I though could top Ace Combat and I still hold that opinion at least when it comes to modern jet fighter games! Just my $0.02 anyways, lmao!
very well said RuffMonk,ace combat is a flight combat game not a sim game.
but the story,the graphs and the atmosphere of this game are so nice!!!
i like to play sim in bop (and realistic)but even if ace combat is an arcade game,it is the only game who give me the same sensations of fun that bop sim because of it is nice and have a very very good atmosphere.(i even say that the solo campain of ace combat give me really a better sensation of immersion that the solo campain of bop.)
this is just my opinion.

sincerely
olife
Old 08-18-2011, 03:08 PM
Approved Member

I agree with Monk, my sentiments exactly...they are apples and oranges. and if you want to talk about story-line, BOP is a history lesson and AC, well it is fantasy...and so far, I believe they've done a pretty good job...wish I had played AC6!!!
Old 08-18-2011, 04:27 PM
Approved Member

Al I see your picture and it reminds me, Ace Combat games allways have the old Tomcat even though only Iran flys them now, because its such a well loved plane with still many fans. So I'm always wondering why they don't create a game version of the never built Super Tomcat 21 as a semi fictional plane. Think F14E Strike Tomcat.

Last edited by Robotic Pope; 08-18-2011 at 04:34 PM.
Old 08-18-2011, 04:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotic Pope View Post
Al I see your picture and it reminds me, Ace Combat games allways have the old Tomcat even though only Iran flys them now, because its such a well loved plane with still many fans. So I'm always wondering why they don't create a game version of the never built Super Tomcat 21 as a semi fictional plane. Think F14E Strike Tomcat.

That bird is a is work of art...I hope they still have this for the new AC game...just to even sit and stare at it for a while...I just wikied the Super Tomcat 21...didn't even know it was conceptualized...would have been pretty cool...I have a small collection of WWII and Modern aircraft and some ground units...the F-14's are my jewels
Old 08-18-2011, 05:16 PM
Approved Member

Yes, Its a crime that the Super Hornet was chosen for the US navy instead of this. Its capabilities would have blitz that of the Super Hornet abomination. The F14 21's development would have been cheaper than the Super Hornet aswell.

Last edited by Robotic Pope; 08-18-2011 at 05:18 PM.