Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Other > Other Topics

Other Topics Feel free to discuss other topics here.

Old 06-09-2011, 05:28 AM
Approved Member

With 1.019 release actually Rise of flight is probably the best sim around, really a work of art, and you don't need a powerfull PC to run it with high graphic setting.....in DX9.

Comparison with CloD? No, there are not....not at all.

Yes, RoF has taken two years, but CloD how many? Six, seven?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree_UK View Post
Luthier, play the ROF campaign, honestly this will show you what we want for CLOD, you can see that the ROF dev team listened to all those ideas we gave you in the ideas thread you created. If only you had listened yourself.
Is true what has been written above: is time to learn somenthing from RoF.

However, time is our friend so we can only hope that CloD could be improved, reworked, completed ecc. ecc..

So, if you can, support it.

Last edited by 150GCT_Veltro; 06-09-2011 at 05:32 AM.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:00 AM
Approved Member

Wrong, Veltro - RoF took two years after release to get to this point. Their start was just as rough ...

Last edited by csThor; 06-09-2011 at 06:05 AM.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:17 AM
Approved Member

Yes, and CloD took 7 years before release.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:29 AM
Approved Member

And how long did it take RoF to be released? Didn't they start over during development once, too? I vividly remember the acid comments on the state of RoF at release, they were essentially the same as those about CloD now ... Quite the double standards, or is it selective memory?

I am not defending the state of CloD, mind you. I haven't spent any serious time in it. The historical setting doesn't really interest me, there's no single-player gameplay to speak of and there are issues wherever one looks. It's just that RoF was exactly the same when it came out. Don't forget that.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:50 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 150GCT_Veltro View Post
Yes, and CloD took 7 years before release.
Game, set, match.

Sorry chaps, but I was one of the first people in Europe to play ROF in the summer of 2009 (having it imported from the States) and I guarantee you it was nowhere near as bad as the calamitous CoD release. FACT.

Blackdogs points are largely true, the main problem being lack of content. The circumstances of release were seemingly quite similar in that they had to release as an economic imperative....IE it comes out now, or never.

But by and large, things actually worked. Frame rates were excellent on recommended specs, it was fully and well optimised for quad core rigs. Ridiculous promises were never made as to content, and customers were never led a merry dance up the garden path. That is the salient difference.

I remain hopeful CoD will be fixed, but the fact is that the majority of people don't like being taken for Mugs, and sadly that is what has occurred. Penny for your thoughts Mr Maddox?

Oh, hes done a runner. Can't say I blame him. I would probably be too embarrassed to show up too. 'Photo realistic terrain, be sure'. LMAO. Instead we get 'Adventures in LSD Tele-tubbie land'. (I'll probably get ban hammered for that lol....but its true and the Truth has many Martyrs .)

That said, I've had some fun with CoD.....some jaw droppingly good moments but not enough to sustain interest at all at present. Very poor show.

Get well soon, CoD. I'll send you some grapes.
Old 06-09-2011, 06:57 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by csThor View Post
It's just that RoF was exactly the same when it came out. Don't forget that.
No, it isn't.
RoF was realeased with few stuff but with a solid engine. CloD is broken all around.

We'll see in the next two years, because two years are needed.

Last edited by 150GCT_Veltro; 06-09-2011 at 07:01 AM.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:04 AM
Approved Member

im downloading the demo so i can re-activate my game but ive forgoting my username password?
and ive tryd loging into the site, but there is no forgoting username password recovery? what gives, any help plz
Old 06-09-2011, 07:12 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_uk View Post
im downloading the demo so i can re-activate my game but ive forgoting my username password?
and ive tryd loging into the site, but there is no forgoting username password recovery? what gives, any help plz

When you finish downloading, at the bottom of the game login screen there are links for login and password reminders. Never used them, but hopefully they'll work for you.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:30 AM
Tree_UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAF_FB_Orville View Post
Game, set, match.

Sorry chaps, but I was one of the first people in Europe to play ROF in the summer of 2009 (having it imported from the States) and I guarantee you it was nowhere near as bad as the calamitous CoD release. FACT.

Blackdogs points are largely true, the main problem being lack of content. The circumstances of release were seemingly quite similar in that they had to release as an economic imperative....IE it comes out now, or never.

But by and large, things actually worked. Frame rates were excellent on recommended specs, it was fully and well optimised for quad core rigs. Ridiculous promises were never made as to content, and customers were never led a merry dance up the garden path. That is the salient difference.

I remain hopeful CoD will be fixed, but the fact is that the majority of people don't like being taken for Mugs, and sadly that is what has occurred. Penny for your thoughts Mr Maddox?

Oh, hes done a runner. Can't say I blame him. I would probably be too embarrassed to show up too. 'Photo realistic terrain, be sure'. LMAO. Instead we get 'Adventures in LSD Tele-tubbie land'. (I'll probably get ban hammered for that lol....but its true and the Truth has many Martyrs .)

That said, I've had some fun with CoD.....some jaw droppingly good moments but not enough to sustain interest at all at present. Very poor show.

Get well soon, CoD. I'll send you some grapes.
+1 Thats how I remember ROF release. No way near as buggy/broken as CLOD. Some good points Blackdog but more aggression needs pointing in other directions, the customer didn't break this game.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:54 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 159th_Jester View Post
When you finish downloading, at the bottom of the game login screen there are links for login and password reminders. Never used them, but hopefully they'll work for you.
Thanks jester