Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Other > Other Topics

Other Topics Feel free to discuss other topics here.

Old 06-09-2011, 11:25 AM
Approved Member

I do like this sim, runs sweet as a nut on my PC, which CloD doesn't. If 777 were to release a Flying Tigers/WWII sim using this engine I'd be over it like white on rice an it'd be my preferred CFS until I get a machine that can run CloD well. Really, if the core game's free, and you're in two minds bout RoF, don't be. It's super.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:37 AM
Registered Member

It is truly an awesome game - and I thought that even before the 1.019 patch that was just released which makes it infinitely better.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:41 AM
Approved Member

No excuse not to take a look now is there.... Ive been playing for 6 weeks now and Im still blown away by it. Now with the new patch its gone to another level and in a league of its own. Im not given to rash statements but it has to be the best flight combat sim arround at the moment and its still relatively young.

Im sure that COD will get there one day, I surely hope so.
Old 06-09-2011, 11:53 AM
Approved Member

The Iron Cross Edition arrived last week so its all loaded up and updated .
Setting up the controls at the moment and reading all the aircraft manuals available to download from from sim hq .
My first online flight game was "Dawn of Aces" WW1 and is where I joined Brando , Cudgel,Simba,Tiger & Idunno ,the gang of No6 RFC Black lions .
Spotting for the Artillery in a Bristol FB2 two seater was fun, zeroing the shell fall into the target area below then ordering up a barrage to watch the hangers and spawning enemy below being blasted apart.All this whilst your squaddies kept enemy fighters off you.
Another feature was trying to destroy a heavily defended Enemy Zeppilin approaching one of your bases at alt whilst looking out for the waiting enemy Hun in the Sun.
Unless a great deal of grabbing far from the area was done there was no chance of grabbing up under the shadow of the approaching gas bag without a Tripe or Albatross dropping on you.
Realy looking foreward to flying this era with the advances made since then.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6BL Bird-Dog View Post
The Iron Cross Edition arrived last week so its all loaded up and updated .
Setting up the controls at the moment and reading all the aircraft manuals available to download from from sim hq .
My first online flight game was "Dawn of Aces" WW1 and is where I joined Brando , Cudgel,Simba,Tiger & Idunno ,the gang of No6 RFC Black lions .
Spotting for the Artillery in a Bristol FB2 two seater was fun, zeroing the shell fall into the target area below then ordering up a barrage to watch the hangers and spawning enemy below being blasted apart.All this whilst your squaddies kept enemy fighters off you.
Another feature was trying to destroy a heavily defended Enemy Zeppilin approaching one of your bases at alt whilst looking out for the waiting enemy Hun in the Sun.
Unless a great deal of grabbing far from the area was done there was no chance of grabbing up under the shadow of the approaching gas bag without a Tripe or Albatross dropping on you.
Realy looking foreward to flying this era with the advances made since then.
you could get a bit disapointed, even the new career is beta, the game is bit empty and ther is no variation in missions,no surprises on the way, and way few planes, i have to say i paid already 100$ for this game and its still same, buggy and empty and after while boring,talking single player,many buttons dont work after 2 years, so i like how people promote this simulation, which its true its great simulation but very weak game,so it depend what do you expect, but by your message you will get the opposite
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti (1024 MB)
Sound Realtek ALC889A @ Intel 82801IB ICH9
Disc WDC SATA Device (150 GB, 10000 RPM)+ 2 more 7200 RPM backups
Joystick MFF2
Monitor Syncmaster 215tw res.1680x1050
Windows 7 Ultimate 64
Old 06-09-2011, 12:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by easytarget3 View Post
you could get a bit disapointed, even the new career is beta, the game is bit empty and ther is no variation in missions,no surprises on the way, and way few planes, i have to say i paid already 100$ for this game and its still same, buggy and empty and after while boring,talking single player,many buttons dont work after 2 years, so i like how people promote this simulation, which its true its great simulation but very weak game,so it depend what do you expect, but by your message you will get the opposite
Each to their own but at least you can have a good go at it for nothing now.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:22 PM
Approved Member

I bought the ICE in December 2010 after trying the Demo for two days, and have added to it since. The main change to the Demo is that it no longer operates for only 30 days. In addition, you do not have to upgrade the Demo to one of the pre-determined packages, you can do this by merely buying a single aircraft, and they regularly have ‘specials’, when you can buy a number of them at a discounted price.

Be aware though that the graphics engine is not as advanced as CloD (being DX9-based), although the improvements in ver.1.019, particularly the draw distance, have resulted in a noticeably better experience. There are some issues for Sli/X-fire users though, which by their own admission (and nVidia’s) cannot be resolved without a new engine. If you are a multi-gpu user though, you can disable Sli/X-fire and still enjoy great performance, since the engine is less demanding than CloD’s.

I have re-discovered RoF after upgrading to a HD6970, as the ‘blue lines’ error in CloD really annoys me, and the latest update has made it a lot more immersive. I don’t find WW-I aircraft as entertaining to fly as those in WW-II, but the sim certainly runs flawlessly with a definite feeling of actually flying.

Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5 | AMD FX-8350 | MSI HD7970 TFOC-BE | 8GB Corsair DDR-III 1866 | Win8.1 Pro 64-bit
Old 06-09-2011, 03:49 PM
Approved Member

Downloaded and playing absolutely flawlessly at the moment.. why didn't I do this sooner?
It even picked up my G940 without any input from me.. bonus!
Not had a proper chance to really get into it, but will have a couple of hours on it tonight.. but so far, brilliant!
Old 06-09-2011, 05:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
blah blah blah... the game is bit empty and ther is no variation in missions,no surprises on the way, and way few planes... blah blah blah
Yerjokinarentyer!
Old 06-10-2011, 01:48 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Have another look now if you get the chance. Plenty more aircraft are available now, plus the latest patch adds several hundered new towns and encampments to the default landscape. The dynamic career turned out to be a great surprise with a lot of action. Flak, fighters, balloons and even the odd gunner in the trenches (almost got me too). Chuck in the new ability to direct artillery fire and do photo recon and you'll find there is plenty to do.