Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Other > Other Topics

Other Topics Feel free to discuss other topics here.

Old 06-08-2011, 12:25 PM
Approved Member

Default While waiting for US release, Rise of Flight's core-game is now free.

A friendly heads up regarding some really good news for the flight sim community which came out yesterday with the release of Rise of Flight's V1.019 patch. Especially for those champing at the bit for Cliffs of Dover to be released in the US and those waiting for performance and gameplay issues to be addressed.

777 Studios have made the current version of RoF free to play, with unlimited demo access to all game modes - including the new RB3D-style dynamic career system, plus the Spad XIII and Albatros DV as flyable. All AI allies and opponents are available. Gunner positions are also available free. The devs hope you'll download the demo, like it and stick around to buy some of the addon aircraft, thus fuelling further addons and development.

Pretty generous of them, and looks set to provide plenty more bums in seats for the online crowd. Even for offline, there's a lot to be had from all this without paying a cent. The Spad is arguably the best aircraft in the sim - the P-47 of it's day, while the DV is as ubiquitous as the 109 would one day be.

If you haven't got into it already but don't mind the sort of combat that is so close, you'll be picking bits of your opponents out of your teeth, you could do a lot worse than to go over the the Rise of Flight website and grab yourself a free copy of the core game with 777 Studio's compliments.

http://riseofflight.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=20511
Old 06-08-2011, 12:30 PM
Approved Member

Making the game free to play was absolute GENIUS from 777 Studios. Jason is a smart man and knows how to run a railroad. Can't wait to try Career and am hoping the online lobbies fill up with guys more useless than me so I can actually shoot some folks down in my Sopwith Pup
Old 06-08-2011, 12:49 PM
Approved Member

Thanks for the headup. And for the good laugh too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathered_IV View Post
The Spad is arguably the best aircraft in the sim - the P-47 of it's day,

8GB 1600mhz DDR 3
Win7 Pro64
Ms FFB 2
Old 06-08-2011, 12:51 PM
Approved Member

tahts indeed smart!

ill get itm just to mok it... and who knows... love it
Old 06-08-2011, 12:57 PM
Approved Member

Must say online is vastly better with the new long range view, no more having to zoom before you see other aircraft, really livens up the online action, well worth getting.

One thing I will say, is that ROF was bagged by many at release, no real online play, no campaign etc etc, much like CoD has been, now two years later it's looking to be one of, if not the best, WW1 sim ever, if we had all reacted like some of the more negative types, ROF wouldn't be here today, if we stick with CoD, I'm sure it will follow a similar path to ROF, the chiefs are friends so it wont be hard for Luthier to see (although Im sure he already has a fair idea) what can turn a botched release into the success that ROF has become.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:10 PM
Approved Member

i really enjoy the new update since yesterday
Old 06-08-2011, 01:19 PM
Approved Member

Well, that's just typical of my luck.

I only bought the Iron Cross Edition plus additional aircraft a couple of months ago.........ah, well.

Agree it's an excellent move from 777, great for the community and also that it's an excellent game/sim.

Will take a look at the new update as soon as I get home.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:32 PM
Approved Member

I must be the unluckiest WW1 pilot ever - tried to start two campaigns, and during both 1st missions, got vapourised (I'm talking direct hit, fireball and matchwood) by random flak at medium altitude after completing the patrols. PITA.

777 seem to be onto something here.
Old 06-08-2011, 01:36 PM
Approved Member

Wow ! now I am gonna try ROF for the first time
Downloading.....

Thank you Feathered_IV for posting this
Old 06-08-2011, 01:46 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARM505 View Post
I must be the unluckiest WW1 pilot ever - tried to start two campaigns, and during both 1st missions, got vapourised (I'm talking direct hit, fireball and matchwood) by random flak at medium altitude after completing the patrols. PITA.

777 seem to be onto something here.
They don't call us the "Twenty Minuters" for nothing! Woof!

With the new patch released I might actually get back into ROF to check out the campaign. I haven't been on line yet but if you see a 'Lord_FlashHeart' on line it's my rof login!

Damn! They're an evil bunch over there! My new Breguet is just downloading in the patch and then they tell us they're working on a Bristol Fighter! Ahhh!

Last edited by Skoshi Tiger; 06-08-2011 at 02:01 PM.