Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Star Wolves

Star Wolves 3D space RPG with deep strategy and tactical elements

Old 06-28-2015, 01:17 PM
Approved Member

The ( Show Marker ) On The Settings Menu It Keeps Checking Itself Whenever I Open the Game It Is the only setting that does that , so i was wondering if i can change it from some file
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sw3cw 2015-06-28 21-12-31-547.jpg (281.3 KB, 4 views)
Old 06-28-2015, 01:29 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Default @Neo Genesis

That should be changeable in these files

Main.ini or probably more likely: Profiles/YourName/YourName.cfg

Edit

To be honest, I don't even know what this option does.
Discord: Nocalora#6847 | SW3.Expansion Thread | SWX.MouseMovementFix | SWX.TUVMark+Src (.tuv editing Tool) | SWX.SLOTMark+Src (.ini Slots editing Tool)
Old 06-28-2015, 01:36 PM
Approved Member

I've Looked at them Before I'm just not sure which one is it ?
Old 06-28-2015, 01:39 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Default @Neo Genesis

I did found it just now, its in yourname.cfg:

ai_showpointers

But be aware, that changes may get overwritten from the game immediatley, you need to make it read-only after saving it.
Discord: Nocalora#6847 | SW3.Expansion Thread | SWX.MouseMovementFix | SWX.TUVMark+Src (.tuv editing Tool) | SWX.SLOTMark+Src (.ini Slots editing Tool)
Old 06-28-2015, 01:45 PM
Approved Member

I've Checked them a while back but not sure which one is the one .

It just puts the arrow lines when moving / attacking . Its just annoying to uncheck it every time you start Game
Old 06-28-2015, 01:57 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Default @Neo Genesis

Well then changing "ai_showpointers" to "FALSE" in YourName.cfg, saving and then changing the properties to Read-Only should do the Job, Right?.
Old 07-05-2015, 07:45 AM
Approved Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocalora29 View Post
Well then changing "ai_showpointers" to "FALSE" in YourName.cfg, saving and then changing the properties to Read-Only should do the Job, Right?.
Thanks

About the new Mod . Here are just some Suggestions if you think its ok

1.) In the Carcass File I Halfed all the HP of Stations that are too high . Because Super high HP Just Seems Wrong

Do not Copy & Replace this file , It only has the Station files I edited

https://www.mediafire.com/?rbh3y91hrflmkhl

2.) In The Modules I Edited the Vulcan , Gattling , Avenger , Vindicator , Polaris , Shining & Rage To Balance Gameplay So That the AI Does not do super Rapid Fire on you while you can only do that if you click on enemy unit continuously. I Also Edited the Kinetic GK Guns . Halfed their DMG & Doubled their Rate of fire , bec for me its just seems better that way

Do not Copy & Replace this file , It only contain the ones I edited

https://www.mediafire.com/?1jzb54vscgkcnrn

3.) Just asking If its Possible to Increase Torpedo DMG Area for Creating Nuclear Missile . That would just be awesome if Possible
Old 07-05-2015, 11:43 AM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Default @Neo Genesis

Thats actually an good Idea, since the Story also wants to tell us that Stations blow up very easly, (Example: The Intro) A few T3 Torpedoes normally should do the Job, I probably also will make an Optional Plugin for this .

Wait... You Stopped the AI from Spamming their Pulse Lasers?, I thougt that would be Impossible o.O

I Don't really know what to think of nerfing almost every Weapon In-Game to stop the AI from (probably) using an Glitch, not really sure about this one, I have to admit, but thats just me.

About the GK's: I think an even Better Idea would be not to replace, but to Add New Weapons which do that, I Already Plan to add many more Weapons that are based of Already existing ones but with Minor Alterations, such as making an High-DMG HCB-Melter Plasma Biggun, into an Low-DMG Rapid-Fire HCB-Melter Plasma Biggun.

That is just an Example, but of course I also Plan to add more "Unique" ones too, its just that making the Custom SFX for these Weapons is kinda Tricky. I really need get more into the Particle System of the Game.

About the Damage Area of Torpedoes
That is Indeed very Tricky... never done that before myself.

But I think the only way this would be Possible is to use the Alien Poison.

- Make your own PoisonDetonator first, should look like this
Code:
	<PoisonDetonator name="APD_Nuke">
		<time_to_live>60</time_to_live> <!-- How long the Rocket Continues to Exist until the Gods of the Rockets become Evil and Banishes it for not colliding with Somebody in X Seconds -->
		<damage>300</damage> <!-- Damage, better set this up to standard Torpedo DMG or your desired Nuke damage -->
		<explosion_distance>5</explosion_distance> <!-- Explosion Distance, how much further they Rocket has to go to the Target until it goes BOOM. I Recommend setting it to low as Possible, or you might hit yourself with an Atomic Missile. (Ouchie!)-->
		<poisoned_area_radius>100</poisoned_area_radius> <!-- DAMAGE AREA-->
		<poison_effect_duration>1</poison_effect_duration> <!-- Duration, Set this to 1. -->
		<rate_of_poisoning>1</rate_of_poisoning> <!-- I don't Exactly know what this does, but I think it has something to do with the Rate of the Poisonings hehe -->
	</PoisonDetonator>
Aaaaaannd then Apply it to your Torpedo-Launcher in the Modules.xml file as PoisonDetonator, aka "APD_Nuke"

Voila --argh... I Really don't know if this will work, but it should...

Last edited by nocalora29; 07-06-2015 at 10:03 PM.
Old 07-08-2015, 11:48 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Thats actually an good Idea, since the Story also wants to tell us that Stations blow up very easly, (Example: The Intro) A few T3 Torpedoes normally should do the Job, I probably also will make an Optional Plugin for this
I was Thinking about it & thought that even if i Halfed the HP of most of the stations it still seems too High . What do you think should be the approximate HP for stations about 50000 for large 35000 for medium & 25000 for small & 10000 for mining. What do you think ? Still too High ? Too Low ? Just Right? or do you have something better ?

Quote:
Wait... You Stopped the AI from Spamming their Pulse Lasers?, I thougt that would be Impossible o.O
Not Really Stop But Balanced Both AI & your Lasers to Be The Same While Reducing The Psycho Spamming . Currently in my changes your Lasers will now fire continuously like the AI but reduced the Amt fired per Second for Balancing . I've also calculated the DMG per second to make sure it won't be too weak or Too Powerful

Quote:
I Don't really know what to think of nerfing almost every Weapon In-Game to stop the AI from (probably) using an Glitch, not really sure about this one, I have to admit
What do you mean

& For the Nuclear Missile do you mean try changing the DMG & Area of Effect of the Poison Torpedo to Test if it will work or to Create a New one from Scratch ?

Last edited by Neo Genesis; 07-08-2015 at 11:54 AM.
Old 07-08-2015, 12:47 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Default @Neo Genesis

I Will have to expirment a bit with this, I will let you know when I get some Realistic Values for those Stations

Mind giving me the changed files you edited, so maybe I can see for myself about these sweet little balancing changes?

Quote:
What do you mean
I just think there must be something better to be done about the AI Spamming...

It would be Best to make one from Scratch.