Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

View Poll Results: BOB is limited, so witch scenario would you choose to be worked on ?
I want a East/North front 65 25.90%
I want a West front 46 18.33%
I want a Pacific front 36 14.34%
I want a Korean addon 35 13.94%
I like BOB 51 20.32%
I like Battle of France + Spain 97 38.65%
I like an North African and Middle East 78 31.08%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 251. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-24-2010, 04:42 PM
Approved Member

Default = SOW ( Bob ) vs other scenarios. << Poll >>

Well SOW looks superb and hopefully it will be able to custom it some how with details and accuracy.. But here some questions for you guys..

Are you going to be bored quickly with the B.O.B limited scenario?

http://www.gozr.net/iocl/
Old 11-24-2010, 04:51 PM
Approved Member

I don't see why I should be bored. For me the selected scenario has it all.

More or less balanced plane set, with popular planes most people will like flying. And famous bomber types on both sides. Except carrier ops I can see every type of scenario available here.

I think it was a wise decision to lunch a new series featuring a famous battle. Those less known scenarios / battles can be rolled in once the company has achieved a desired number of sales.

LEVEL BOMBING MANUAL v2.0 | Dedicated Bomber Squadron
'MUSTANG' - compilation of online air victories
Old 11-24-2010, 04:55 PM
Approved Member

No

BOB represents a very indepth combat flight simulator that will take quite alot of time to learn.

For me personally I really look foward to all of the possibilities BOB actually offers. I dont even consider whats coming after BOB, for that I still have IL2
Old 11-24-2010, 05:07 PM
Approved Member

BoB is a GREAT first scenario. Great planes, limited map size, clear cut objectives.

But I would like to see the Western Front done next. It won't be, but I can dream . I would like to fly 51's, 47's, Mosquitos and such against 109's and 190's in preparation for, during, and post invasion. Vice versa too of course. Maybe I am just hearkening back to my SoW days?

Splitter
Old 11-24-2010, 05:14 PM
Approved Member

BoB, then others that you don't suggest.

Atlantic Ocean, Convoys to Russia, Malta, Mediterranean carrier command and others.

WW2 was huge, there were battles in many places (and many places with no battles at all).
Old 11-24-2010, 05:15 PM
Approved Member

Battle of Britain is the perfect place to start the SOW series. This was the first major air theater of WW2. The next major theater of operations was the Mediterrainen, which basicly uses the aircraft involved in the Battle of Britain. The only major requirement for the Med is a huge map or a series of smaller ones. Hopefully the game engine will be capable of one large map. Luckily most of the map is desert.
Old 11-24-2010, 05:18 PM
Approved Member

Yes IGO but those are or should be included in the titles above some how

http://www.gozr.net/iocl/
Old 11-24-2010, 06:01 PM
Approved Member

I didn't play a BOB campaign since European Air War. There're lots of new features not seen before in a WW2 combat flight sim. Korea and now Battle of Moscow are already in development and SOW will open be open for third party add ons.

Thus no, I don't believe I will be bored that quickly before new content will arrive.
Old 11-24-2010, 06:25 PM
Approved Member

What we've seen last Friday points to a much deeper experience than any previous WW2 combat sim, so I very much doubt that boredom will be an issue anytime soon. Add the flyable bombers and the Italians, and there's a lot of variety even for the "limited" BoB theatre. The only thing missing is close air support, but that will probably be available with some "what if" user-made missions as well.

It's still unclear if the engine can handle several hundred planes in the sky to recreate historic BoB missions in full scale. But even if that's not the case I still like the choice. Especially if we get the Mediterranean next
Old 11-24-2010, 06:49 PM
Approved Member

No way I'm going to get remotely bored with the Battle of Britain, I love the era and the planeset, however this is an interesting poll for "where next".

Pleased that the leading three are "East/North, France/Spain and Med/M.E." - I'd be very, very happy if those happened to be the first three expansions.

Especially Mediterranean/Mid East and France/Spain, '38-'42 my favourite plane sets.