Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 08-12-2012, 09:40 PM
Approved Member

I'm new here. I found the site throgh Mission 4 Today. I fly IL2 most of the time, but I also like FS2004 Golden Wings 3 for it's 1920s-1930s type flying.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:36 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoney View Post
I'm new here. I found the site throgh Mission 4 Today. I fly IL2 most of the time, but I also like FS2004 Golden Wings 3 for it's 1920s-1930s type flying.
Hiya Stoney. Most of the pilots have migrated to Gaigin's official forum for Birds Of Steel. Only a small number of BOP pilots remaining now sir. What game console are you using Stoney ?
Old 08-16-2012, 10:51 PM
Registered Member

Default Hello

Hello fellow pilots, I have just joined the site and thought it right that I introduce myself and say hello. I play IL 2 on Xbox lots but can never find anyone else to play with
Just wondering if there were any online clans or groups I could hook up with to practice flying in a squadron as I'm always on my own.
Good to hear from anyone GT: XoV Blitzkrieg.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XoV Blitzkrieg View Post
Hello fellow pilots, I have just joined the site and thought it right that I introduce myself and say hello. I play IL 2 on Xbox lots but can never find anyone else to play with
Just wondering if there were any online clans or groups I could hook up with to practice flying in a squadron as I'm always on my own.
Good to hear from anyone GT: XoV Blitzkrieg.
Hi mate, welcome. As I said previously, nearly all BOP pilots have flown to the BOS skies. I regularly play and a small core group of fellow aviators too however we are PS3 based Sir. I wish you well trying to hook up with some regular Xboxers but fear you might find some lonely skies as BOP was never patched on the Xbox like on PS3. Happy hunting Sir.
Old 08-17-2012, 11:51 PM
Registered Member

Hi Fellow pilots, I am new here..Dont have birds of prey YET...but do have orig IL2, pacific theater, forgotten battles....love em. I like flying all the planes, dont understand some of the aiming devices on the german 109, and others...not like a p47, or brit planes, for some reason they shoot off to the left of the aiming thingy...WHY???? no clue. Guess my fave planes to fly are the p47d, Spitfire, Yak 3, Lav 5, and IL2 mod...what a plane! OH, forgot the tempest...dont know why you cant fly the one like it, forgot name,,,still has that scoop nose....like all gaming in the air...take care, watch you 6
Old 08-18-2012, 10:50 AM
Approved Member

GREYBEARD19 says ...

what a plane! OH, forgot the tempest...dont know why you cant fly the one like it, forgot name,,,still has that scoop nose....like all gaming in the air...take care, watch you 6[/QUOTE]

That would be the Typhoon, greybeard19. Here's a pic but you cannot see it properly 'cause all the BOP pilots are sitting on it LOL.

Last edited by irishjg10; 08-18-2012 at 10:54 AM.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:53 AM
Approved Member

here's one without all the aerosexuals on board lol

welcome to the forum greybeard
Old 08-18-2012, 10:32 PM
Registered Member

Default Vfa-87wpr fly navy

Hello All,

I'm looking for a good squadron of pilots to join up with for online play.

Some basics about myself are:I got my Private Pilot License in a Cessna 172r during my senior year of high school. I have always had a passion for aviation and military aviation in particular.

I joined the United States Navy after high school and ended up in a great F/A18A+ squadron, (VFA-87) to be exact. War Party Rocks!!!

I'm pretty much looking for pilots who will show me the basics of survival up there, I'm playing the game on the watered down Arcade setting and I can't wait to finish so, I can try the other two, more demanding levels.

Also a point in the right direction on a good flight sim configuration from anyone would be a great help, I would like to go Flight stick, rudder pedals, and throttle on left? Is this a good idea for realism? Thanks for any help, oh and my favorite war bird is of course the F/A18A+ Single Seat Forever!!!

Last edited by VFA-87WPR; 08-18-2012 at 10:38 PM. Reason: image
Old 08-19-2012, 07:26 AM
Approved Member

[QUOTE=VFA-87WPR;455303]Hello All,

Hi Sir, what games console are you flying on. Xbox or PS3 ?
Also welcome to the forum. Great to have you aboard Sir. I don't wanna sound like a broken record but for new aviators here, you are a bit late for the party. Not many of us are left now roaming the BOP skies. Most of the original heads have headed for BOS.
Old 08-19-2012, 11:39 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VFA-87WPR View Post
Hello All,

Some basics about myself are:I got my Private Pilot License in a Cessna 172r during my senior year of high school. I have always had a passion for aviation and military aviation in particular.

I joined the United States Navy after high school and ended up in a great F/A18A+ squadron, (VFA-87) to be exact. War Party Rocks!!!

I'm pretty much looking for pilots who will show me the basics of survival up there, I'm playing the game on the watered down Arcade setting and I can't wait to finish so, I can try the other two, more demanding levels.

Also a point in the right direction on a good flight sim configuration from anyone would be a great help, I would like to go Flight stick, rudder pedals, and throttle on left? Is this a good idea for realism? Thanks for any help, oh and my favorite war bird is of course the F/A18A+ Single Seat Forever!!!
I'll play with you if your on Xbox.