Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Mods

Mods Armored Princess mods

Old 02-05-2010, 04:37 AM
Registered Member

I was thinking that it'd be nice to retool the Human troop list a bit, including providing the Humans with a level 5 troop. Here are my thoughts:

VERSION ONE
Swordsmen - Add 'Shield' passive ability that reduces all archer damage by 20% (the human version of 'Bone', essentially)
Guardsmen - Rename to Captain. Remove 'Smashing Blow' ability and replace it with two Charges:1 abilities (Dragon Arrows - as per spell, gives a unit of bowmen dragon arrows ability; Superior Weapons - gives a melee unit that uses weapons a one charge ability that does basic attack damage but ignores 30% resistance).
Horsemen - Gains the 'Second Wind' ability (taken from Paladin) which is renamed to 'Follow me!'
Paladin - Promoted to level 5 unit, with commensurate increase in Leadership cost and Health, etc. Loses the 'Second Wind' ability, gains 'Defender of the Faith' (+20% resistance to adjacent troops or all human troops or some version therein)

VERSION TWO
Knights - Renamed to Gallowglass or Heavy Infantry or Greatswords. Lose 'Dragon Slayer' passive ability. Gain either 'Furious' or 'Terror' passive ability.
Horsemen - Renamed to Knight. Gains 'Dragon Slayer' passive ability. Promoted to level 5 unit with commensurate increase in Leadership cost, Health, etc. Gains 'Splendor' ability (+1 morale to all human units, potentially with a supplementary -1 morale to dragons/demons or something if that's not enough for a level 5?). Potentially have the base attack affect both the adjoining hex and the one behind it (similar to the Red Dragon's base attack) to represent the whole charge/lance action.

There are a lot of other tweaks that could be done, as well. Basically, the idea is to give the Humans more of an identity, and to give them a complete troop structure, as it were. The Humans become about defense, synergy and morale. A very noble, human endeavor!

Last edited by Scaramouche; 02-05-2010 at 04:39 AM.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:44 PM
Approved Member

I kinda like the horseman becoming the level 5 unit

In fact, it'S the one that make sense since it'S the only one which got something more then the other pedestrian units, since it's on horse.

I think making the horseman the ultimate dragon slayer should be in order!

But I think everyone miss the fact that there is a level 5 unit for human, it's the Phenix you get from the level 3 spell!

Another option should be making the Royal griffin a level 5 unit. The only thing I'd tweak is the summon ability, making it reloadable with time like the summon ability of the Royal thorn (maybe that's way to good tough...!)

I think it's the easiest one to implement since Royla Griffin are not sold that often compare to horseman/knight/ paladin

PS Is it me or there's a place for a lower version of the ArchMage... the Mage! Should have made ArchMAge little bit tougher nut more expansive and put a level 2 Mage