Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Elven Legacy (sequel to Fantasy Wars)

Elven Legacy (sequel to Fantasy Wars) Sequel to Fantasy Wars. Turn-based strategy game set in a fantasy world.

Old 04-13-2009, 09:02 AM
Registered Member

Default I hope the next sequel of EL or FW will implement this

I don't like the system of forcing players to complete missions in the quickest possible time to earn gold. Yes we can do without gold, but the rewards for not will greatly affect your future missions.

Basically this game dictates what the player should do and makes the gameplay extremely frustrating.. i have played till misson 4 but i have actually played the missions at least 12 times, no thanks to reloading to achieve the GOLD status.

What i hope to see in the next instalment... let the players decide how the game should be. DO away with the GOLD/SILVER/BRONZE statuses... reward for kills with golds. And right at the end of the missions let the players shop for artifacts, stats, units etc etc... with golds. In this system, the players can then decide how the game should be. Cover more hexes or take the quickest path to victory.
Old 04-13-2009, 04:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinoaHeartily View Post
I don't like the system of forcing players to complete missions in the quickest possible time to earn gold. Yes we can do without gold, but the rewards for not will greatly affect your future missions.

Basically this game dictates what the player should do and makes the gameplay extremely frustrating.. i have played till misson 4 but i have actually played the missions at least 12 times, no thanks to reloading to achieve the GOLD status.

What i hope to see in the next instalment... let the players decide how the game should be. DO away with the GOLD/SILVER/BRONZE statuses... reward for kills with golds. And right at the end of the missions let the players shop for artifacts, stats, units etc etc... with golds. In this system, the players can then decide how the game should be. Cover more hexes or take the quickest path to victory.
At first, I had the same feeling as you. After playing a while, I'm not sure I agree.

I tried a couple of the earlier missions going for a less speedy, but more thorough path. The rewards come out pretty close if your efficient in a thorough sweep and get silver.

Yes, you get less of a the "fixed" end mission rewards. However, you collect more gold and items in-mission and your units get more experience. I think the result comes out to be close, if not equal.

Personally, I think I minor change as simple as calling the end rewards "speed bonuses" would help. There is a lot of personal choice as to be speedy or thorough, it's just demoralizing to get assigned a silver or a bronze rating.
Old 04-27-2009, 06:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinoaHeartily View Post
In this system, the players can then decide how the game should be. Cover more hexes or take the quickest path to victory.
Err, how is that a choice? Aren't you suggesting to do away with all incentive to finish fast?
Old 05-11-2009, 01:18 PM
Registered Member

Default 'Too esay or 'useful'?

I did not like the reward solution they choose keeping gold etc etc..

i like to explore the map and make unit fight as much as possible.

Could be fine, but if u play without frenzy, u'll miss al the bonus missions and this is not good...

Last edited by Gualty; 05-11-2009 at 01:20 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 04:23 PM
Approved Member

I have to agree with the thread starter. You have to reach gold or at least silver, and you cannot have any of your units die, or you will run into some major problems later in the campaign.

The campaign in EL is not really a strategy game, it's a puzzle game.

I think I'm gonna make my own campaign with turn limit at like 100 turns... hehe.
Old 05-12-2009, 12:57 PM
Approved Member

are they still planning on doing expansion for EL? the last i heard there was supposed to be 3 of them going to be made.
Old 05-12-2009, 09:15 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markgil View Post
are they still planning on doing expansion for EL? the last i heard there was supposed to be 3 of them going to be made.
I only heard about that in one of the previews, no official news about it afaik.
Depends on sales probably... But my guess is no since they're not going to give us the other two russian FW expansions...