Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 05-14-2012, 08:35 PM
Approved Member

Default making CloD a success

we REALLY need a place to call home.I just want Cliffs of Dover to be as great as il2 was and or still is.Most of you know that I am "Hyperlobby" Staff member and have been there many years.I have enjoyed thousands of hours flying and chatting with friends and sharing Ideas.I think its around 10 years for me of friends that have come and gone.Im sure everyone here has a few they remember.Some might say its time to move on.But without a feature or program such as Hyperlobby Cliffs of Dover will NEVER be as good.ONLY because we need a "Home base" to gather and share ideas in REAL time.So much more can be accomplished if we had a meeting or gathering place in much quicker time.Even the "devs" would get more done.Hyperlobby is capable of EVERYTHING needed and ready and waiting.How can anyone even recruit? or troubleshoot in REAL time?

ALL in ALL I dont care where we go but we need a place to meet with friends and that to me is what made il2 series what it is.THIS community and the friends that were made over the years without it.Dover will never add up.
With ALL these great minds in here somebody do something.

BH_woodstock
HYPER/STAFF

amd dual core 5400+
6gb ram
gtx460
trackir
ms sw ff2

Last edited by BH_woodstock; 05-14-2012 at 08:38 PM.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:49 PM
Approved Member

Hyperlobby?

Never heard of it!
Old 05-14-2012, 08:54 PM
Approved Member

OTHER THAN a global chat, what does hyperlobby do that Steam doesnt? Nothing that I can think of.

On top of this, Hyperlobby is poorly-designed: it doesn't show the player counts unless you join through hyperlobby. Seems like a fundamentally-flawed piece of software to me. I tolerated using it when Forgotten Battles was around because the ubi.com lobby was even worse.

I have some fond memories of HL but it's just not a very good program, and if steam had a global chat, it would be better in almost every way.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:09 PM
Approved Member

I'm one of those that loved HL. The greatest thing about it was not only the live chat feature, but the fact that the program took up very little space on your desktop. You could leave it running and join a game after you found one interesting. Or you could simply do what you are doing on your pc (surfing the web, youtube, etc.) and also be able to pay attention to HL as well.

Woodstock,

We'd love to include HL in our server commander to make it all stream as one. Then we'd be using it right now. But from what Colander has said, I believe he needs to source code. If not, we'll have to wait for the game to get proper dedi files (not connect like a client) so the server can stay up all the time. If we could code it in, we would use HL as we wouldn't have to babysit it. Just an idea.

ATAG Forums + Stats
Old 05-14-2012, 09:10 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainDoggles View Post
OTHER THAN a global chat, what does hyperlobby do that Steam doesnt? Nothing that I can think of.

On top of this, Hyperlobby is poorly-designed: it doesn't show the player counts unless you join through hyperlobby. Seems like a fundamentally-flawed piece of software to me. I tolerated using it when Forgotten Battles was around because the ubi.com lobby was even worse.

I have some fond memories of HL but it's just not a very good program, and if steam had a global chat, it would be better in almost every way.
does not have to be hyperlobby. ANY program would be fine.tell me how you can recruit? or even troubleshoot with MANY people at one time? IN REAL TIME.are you happy with checking a forum every 5 minutes to see if anyone has replied?What made il2 a success was the commnunity.NOT the program.

Last edited by BH_woodstock; 05-14-2012 at 09:13 PM.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:18 PM
Approved Member

i never really cared for steam much.If i didnt need it for Dover i would not have it installed.As for a global chat? THAT is exactly what i am talking about.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATAG_Bliss View Post
I'm one of those that loved HL. The greatest thing about it was not only the live chat feature, but the fact that the program took up very little space on your desktop. You could leave it running and join a game after you found one interesting. Or you could simply do what you are doing on your pc (surfing the web, youtube, etc.) and also be able to pay attention to HL as well.

Woodstock,

We'd love to include HL in our server commander to make it all stream as one. Then we'd be using it right now. But from what Colander has said, I believe he needs to source code. If not, we'll have to wait for the game to get proper dedi files (not connect like a client) so the server can stay up all the time. If we could code it in, we would use HL as we wouldn't have to babysit it. Just an idea.
Hyperlobby is designed to close when all clients are launched by the host ibn Coop mode, in DF mode you select a server and join from a list.

It remains idle until you close the mission and everyone reconnects to the Hyperlobby automatically.

The purpose of HL is to have a place to fly from with a community spirit.

For many casual pilots this isn't a requirement but for squads and CooP pilots its essential.

CoD offers dogfight (MDS) type of gaming at the moment so its fragmented the community in as much as pilots in IL2 1946 are not moving over because there's no CooP mode or online war scenarios as they have been used to for the last 10 years.

Fundamentally Hyperlobby has been the place to meet other squads and organize CooP & online wars for a long time and to find CoD has no such function only Dogfight server mode its a big drawback.

Too many CoD is just a slightly interesting game due to the fact there's no CooP gui, in fact personally if it remains so I wont be flying it and will stay with IL2 1946, and many others feel the same too.

Ok enough of the "spirit" thing and back to the chat thing.

Its purpose is for everyone to talk to each other and share information and have some fun !!!!

Having it running in the back ground isn't necessary to be honest as I think Woodstocks intention was to create more of a community with CoD as we have with Il2 1946.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture5.jpg (19.8 KB, 44 views)

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 05-14-2012 at 09:35 PM.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:32 PM
Approved Member

We play coops every single night. They are very dynamic as well

ATAG Forums + Stats
Old 05-14-2012, 09:34 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATAG_Bliss View Post
We play coops every single night. They are very dynamic as well
Im sorry Bliss but unless you have flown IL2 1946 CooP missions from the Hyperlobby it will never make sense to anyone.

Old 05-14-2012, 09:38 PM
Approved Member

We've been through this Alpha. I've flown plenty of em. I've used HL for years. If you read what I said (what you even quoted) you'd see why I loved HL.

But the real war never started at the same time, both sides never knew exactly where the other team was. That's what happens when you start a COOP. You fly and meet in the middle. A dynamic setting is one in which anything can happen at any time. We fly coops inside of this type of situation on coms on a daily basis.

ATAG Forums + Stats

Last edited by ATAG_Bliss; 05-14-2012 at 09:40 PM.