Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Gameplay questions threads

Gameplay questions threads Everything about playing CoD (missions, tactics, how to... and etc.)

Old 06-02-2012, 04:23 AM
Approved Member

New to CloD...but used to play Forgotten Battles a bunch. I'm trying full up all everything realism and I'm starting in the 109...as its my Fav. My question is with Engine management. The Manual does a shitty job of being consistant on how to max perform the A/C in CloD...and the info on the 109 is no exception. My question are.....what are the settings for Mag Pressure and Prop for Best Rate of Climb (at what airspeed)...what about max range or endurance? And Finally what works best in Combat for Prop setting...right now I use 11:00 on the prop (as it seems to not overspeed my RPMs) and yeilds decent engine performance. But whats best? (i'm in earlier models of the 109).

What's Boom and Zoom? I assume it's hit and run tactics exploiting the Vertical? Obviously only works with a neutral (better climb ratio then spit or hurri) or energy advantage. Is this right?

Any Yo Yo is actually "In Plane". Only if you use your excess speed (or lack of) to cut across the circle pure nose high (or bullseye nose low if slow) then you redefine "out of plane". If you're out of plane ...you are not in a yo yo...but redefining the fight in the vertical (if the adversary remains turning on the horizon) to gain an angular advantange. Yo Yo is still Two circle flow.