Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Men of War: Vietnam

Men of War: Vietnam A new title in the world-known Men of War real-time tactics game series

Old 09-13-2011, 08:43 AM
Approved Member

Arrow Men of War: Vietnam Patch 1

This patch eliminates the de-sync issues some players reported while playing between standard and special editions of the game, additionaly it unlocks US campaign from the start so you can play it without completing the North Vietnam campaign first.

WARNING: Saves created during missions will become obsolete, but already completed missions will stay completed. Because of this, please finish the mission in progress before installing this fix.

Men of War: Vietnam Patch (118 MB)

Patch description

Mirrors:

AtomicGamer

Gamer's Hell

The Patches Scrolls

Worthplaying

Last edited by Nike-it; 09-28-2011 at 06:59 AM.
Old 09-13-2011, 04:22 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaksie View Post
This hotfix should eliminate the de-sync issues some players reported while playing between standard and special editions of the game, additionaly it unlocks US campaign from the start so you can play it without completing the North Vietnam campaign first.

WARNING: Saves created during missions will become obsolete, but already completed missions will stay completed. Because of this, please finish the mission in progress before installing this fix.

Hotfix versions

For Special Edition from Lace Mamba publisher

For all other Special Editions of the game (including Steam one)

For Standard Edition of the game bought on Steam

For all other Standard Editions of the game (excluding Steam)
How to install the fix?

Why can not I play multiplayer?

How do I open the game with run as administrator if I have the icon on the desktop?
Old 09-13-2011, 11:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaksie View Post
This hotfix should eliminate the de-sync issues some players reported while playing between standard and special editions of the game, additionaly it unlocks US campaign from the start so you can play it without completing the North Vietnam campaign first.

Hotfix versions

For Special Edition from Lace Mamba publisher

For all other Special Editions of the game (including Steam one)

For Standard Edition of the game bought on Steam

For all other Standard Editions of the game (excluding Steam)
How do I install the Hotfix for the Steam verision of Mow: Vietnam (Special Edition)? I've checked both Steam's and 1C's support sites and cannot find any instructions.

Thanks in advance for your support!
Old 09-14-2011, 01:04 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccormack.d View Post
How do I install the Hotfix for the Steam verision of Mow: Vietnam (Special Edition)? I've checked both Steam's and 1C's support sites and cannot find any instructions.

Thanks in advance for your support!
To install the hot fix for Mow: Vietnam (Special Edition), do the following.

1. Left click on Men of War: Vietnam in the game list.
2. Click Properties
3. Click Updates tab
4. Click on the drop down menu and choose "Do not automatically update this game"
5. Unzip the hot fix into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\men of war - vietnam
6. Start the game

When the game starts, the version number should contain 13.09.2011 .
Eventually 1C will roll out an update through Steam, so don't forget to change the game back to auto updates.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:07 AM
Approved Member

Why not have steam versions update through steam? sometime in future that should be done for steam owners or game registered through steam to update to hotfix by itself.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:27 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsatane View Post
Why not have steam versions update through steam? sometime in future that should be done for steam owners or game registered through steam to update to hotfix by itself.
it's a hotfix not a patch. i don't know how exactly Valve handles that, but it's possible they don't allow untested/unsupported updates to be distributed on Steam.
Old 09-14-2011, 05:45 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
We wanted to release this hotfix as fast as possible, implementing it to Steam needs time. There will be be a autoupdate but a bit later.
Old 09-14-2011, 07:29 AM
Approved Member

Thanks for the answer, btw can you answer this for me:

Special edition is basically mowvietnam+dlc or at least thats how it appears in upper left when game is loaded. and standard is just mowvietnam without the dlc correct?
Old 09-14-2011, 07:35 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Thanks for the answer, btw can you answer this for me:

Special edition is basically mowvietnam+dlc or at least thats how it appears in upper left when game is loaded. and standard is just mowvietnam without the dlc correct?
Right
Old 09-14-2011, 10:42 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spray_n_pray View Post
To install the hot fix for Mow: Vietnam (Special Edition), do the following.

1. Left click on Men of War: Vietnam in the game list.
2. Click Properties
3. Click Updates tab
4. Click on the drop down menu and choose "Do not automatically update this game"
5. Unzip the hot fix into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\men of war - vietnam
6. Start the game

When the game starts, the version number should contain 13.09.2011 .
Eventually 1C will roll out an update through Steam, so don't forget to change the game back to auto updates.
I followed your directions for manually updating my Steam version of Mow: Vietnam; however, it still shows: Men of War: Vietnam + DLC (1.00.1) - not 13.09.2011. I did set the Properties to "Do not automatically update this game," but failed to click the Close button on the Properties dialogue box. Could that have caused it not to update?