Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Men of War: Vietnam

Men of War: Vietnam A new title in the world-known Men of War real-time tactics game series

Old 03-16-2012, 03:08 AM
Registered Member

Default are you kidding me

Just want to start by saying i Love men of war assault squad. I think its by far the best game of the series. I think iv'e bought every game in the series, all of the games have evolved to be better then the last. Assault squad seems to be the most polished and being able to get MP points and send in reinforcements works. Then without notice you manage to put out this piece of shit. Did u fire all of your staff and leave just one developer to copy and paste content from men of war 1 to men of war Vietnam. I cant get past the first mission without getting huffy and puffy. Its like having your child do all their homework every week, and consistently improve them self. To only have them develop Downs syndrome and resort to shittng on the front room floor. I hope this game was a wild mistake on your developing team, that well sure to be corrected future. despite this minor setback I well still purchase your games and attempt to enjoy them.

sorry not an English major.

Last edited by fletchdog; 03-16-2012 at 04:04 AM.
Old 03-16-2012, 08:28 AM
Approved Member

MoWV isn't for everybody. It's more like an earlier game called "Soldiers Hero's of WW2". Which started my Love/Hate relationship with the MoW games. MoWV took a lot of hits from gamers when it first game out, but that was more due to gamers assuming it was like MoWAS. MoWV delivers 100% of what I love about these games. Well maybe 99%, I wish there were more of the Vietnam Era fighting vehicles to choose from.
Old 03-17-2012, 02:11 AM
Registered Member

I understand that, as when i started faces of war years ago that was the style got me into this genre. When men of war AS came out i felt as if they really stumbled onto something great. I loved the new skirmish game play with MP points with the ability to finally send in reinforcements. So when i heard mewV was on its ways i got excited as i thought there was no way they couldn't use this new points style. I'm just a little butt hurt they didn't make it like AS. Oh well i at least bought and supported the series as i still like it.
Old 03-17-2012, 02:13 AM
Registered Member

Oh and i do wish there were more Vietnam era games about.
Old 03-17-2012, 02:28 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fletchdog View Post
I understand that, as when i started faces of war years ago that was the style got me into this genre. When men of war AS came out i felt as if they really stumbled onto something great. I loved the new skirmish game play with MP points with the ability to finally send in reinforcements. So when i heard mewV was on its ways i got excited as i thought there was no way they couldn't use this new points style. I'm just a little butt hurt they didn't make it like AS. Oh well i at least bought and supported the series as i still like it.
I didn't get MoWV right away so I knew what to except, and I agree that the game would be fun if it played like MoWAS. There are some cool mods out for the game. Anybody who supports the MoW games should always voice their likes and dislikes.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:09 PM
Registered Member

I really hope the 1C developing team is taking consideration that pretty close 100% of mow fans absoulty loved MOWAS. And when mowV came 75% of those fans were digusted. You without a doubt nailed it with assualt squad. Everything about game was done well. I understand you want to make money. But to shit out a game like vietnam, and not use the same idea as mowas is shameful. And in the long run when you do t listen to the consumer you lose money. Pls pls pls bring back the template of mowas.
Old 04-09-2012, 11:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi89 View Post
I really hope the 1C developing team is taking consideration that pretty close 100% of mow fans absoulty loved MOWAS. And when mowV came 75% of those fans were digusted. You without a doubt nailed it with assualt squad. Everything about game was done well. I understand you want to make money. But to shit out a game like vietnam, and not use the same idea as mowas is shameful. And in the long run when you do t listen to the consumer you lose money. Pls pls pls bring back the template of mowas.
A lot of the MoWAS fans missed the whole point of MoWV. A lot of MoWAS fans assumed that it was going to be like MoWAS. MoWV was gong for a different feel, small squads, limited inventory, a more important emphasis on scrounging, not so much micro-managing. The only place that MoWV missed the mark for a Hardcore MoW player like me is not enough era period weapons and Aircraft.