Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Men of War: Vietnam

Men of War: Vietnam A new title in the world-known Men of War real-time tactics game series

Old 09-15-2011, 09:36 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja2dan View Post
Overall though, great game. I think the price was a bit too much for the content, but I'm hoping that future patches and updates will compensate.
I agree the single player is great, i have no idea why the people are giving Vietnam a hard time be side the high price on steam but the price will go down at one point,

Men of War Vietnam is for the old school players from the time of soldier hero of world war II, the game is just going back to the game style of the old Series,

it was never intended to be a upgrade to Assault Squad as it was focus on single player campaign like Red tide but with co-op that many people wanted including myself,

so for all of you complaining this game was never intended to be new or game changing, everything that the game was set out to be was clear before it was ever release,
Old 09-15-2011, 01:01 PM
Approved Member

Also I don't understand why everyone is saying there are no big battles? There are some large battles but also this game was made to be stealthy. It was said that you are a special forces team and a bunch of shot down guys behind enemy lines, there was never going to be huge offensives like the previous games.

It was always going to be small squad based combat which I personally think is awesome. It limits what you can and cannot do and really makes you think, e.g. do I equip this guy with an RPG or have him carry extra MG ammo for the MG gunner in case we come across a swarm of infantry.

Also loved the mission where you sneak in to the Vietcong base and mine their tanks and supplies. Replayed it yesterday with 100% stealth