Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess

King's Bounty: Armored Princess Sequel to the critically acclaimed King’s Bounty: The Legend.

Old 06-19-2010, 04:19 AM
Approved Member

Default 5 Worst Units Challenge (One for each level)

Step 1: We decide on the worst 5 units in the game (one for each level 1 to 5)
Step 2: We challenge people to beat the game exclusively using those units, on impossible difficulty.

My picks:

1. Peasant (Maybe venomous spiders?)
2. Miner
3. Dwarf
4. Ent
5. Ancient Ent

Last edited by Zechnophobe; 06-19-2010 at 10:57 PM.
Old 06-19-2010, 10:32 AM
Approved Member

Maybe it's time for you to move on to another game, until the next expansion comes out?
Old 06-19-2010, 11:11 AM
Approved Member

I would actually say the worst pick for level 5 are giants, but not in the context of an impossible challenge. Actually, for me, this might just be the worst unit in the game period. Poor fellas.
Old 06-19-2010, 03:20 PM
Approved Member

ain't peasant prettty good level 1 units?

assuming they got a huge attack bonus in big numbers and such

(teamspirit)
Old 06-19-2010, 09:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcwong View Post
Maybe it's time for you to move on to another game, until the next expansion comes out?
Blasphemy! (Actually I just came back to AP after playing other things for like 9 months).

Giants may be worse than Ancient Ents. I've honestly only used either of them sparingly.

And peasants are pretty darn bad. Attack bonus' aren't going to help them deal with frailty issues and the inability to get to important targets when you need them to. What would you consider a worse level 1 unit? Devilfish Maybe?
Old 06-21-2010, 12:53 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zechnophobe View Post
And peasants are pretty darn bad. Attack bonus' aren't going to help them deal with frailty issues and the inability to get to important targets when you need them to. What would you consider a worse level 1 unit? Devilfish Maybe?
Devilfish is indeed not a good unit... it has the illusion of being a good choice for a new player, having more speed and offensive power, and is awarded after completing a quest, giving the impression that you are supposed to buy them.

I did that in my first game (Paladin)... the amount of dead fish, gold spent and traveling time wasted... >_<
Old 06-21-2010, 04:17 AM
Approved Member

Ents and Ancient Ents have shitty movement and have that whole fire weakness thing but they do a lot of damage in both long range and close combat and have great defense. If they had good movement, they would be one of the best level 5 units. same with regular ents. the worst level 5 unit is definitely an ogre. they are just way to fragile. for level 4 units i suggest alchemist or demoness's. in the original, you could get angas ruby and demoness's were ok but they just get killed so easially (besides when being attacked by male humanoids). Alchemist just suck all around. for the leadership cost, they do no damage, have no defense, and just blow ass. for level 3 units, either dwarves or bears. Bears would probably be worse though. for level 2 units, robbers are always shitty to have. i suggest one of the spiders for level 1 creatures
Old 06-21-2010, 08:30 AM
Approved Member

and in the mean time until you get the setup what units can we use ?

also maybe a different varaint of this cahllenge ?
How about we define the worst unit of every unit role (support, tank, damage dealer) and then we play with the worst unit per role of the perfereed setup:
1 tank
2 damage dealer
2 support
Old 06-21-2010, 02:58 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinek View Post
Ents and Ancient Ents have shitty movement and have that whole fire weakness thing but they do a lot of damage in both long range and close combat and have great defense. If they had good movement, they would be one of the best level 5 units. same with regular ents. the worst level 5 unit is definitely an ogre. they are just way to fragile. for level 4 units i suggest alchemist or demoness's. in the original, you could get angas ruby and demoness's were ok but they just get killed so easially (besides when being attacked by male humanoids). Alchemist just suck all around. for the leadership cost, they do no damage, have no defense, and just blow ass. for level 3 units, either dwarves or bears. Bears would probably be worse though. for level 2 units, robbers are always shitty to have. i suggest one of the spiders for level 1 creatures
Alchemists are no retaliation units that can hit multiple stacks at a time, and have high chances of doing aftereffect damage to those stacks. You give them the little Gift Bag item, and they are like little dragons.

Demoness' actually might be worse than Ents, actually. They have an impressive array of abilities, but most level 4's are pretty good, so I'm not sure.

Ogres might be the worst level 5, assuming you don't have an army that knows how to combo with them. (Similar to Demoness).
Old 06-21-2010, 05:41 PM
Approved Member

ok well here is an idea. Put undead and demons in the army to lower the morale of the rest of the units. Ogres are bad units to begin with but if you have an ogre with 50%- defense, attack, and pretty much no critical attack, they really suck. Since your not going for no losses, (it would be litterally impossible to do with this setup) make the armies morale suffer. maybe use a demoness and skeleton for level 1 and 4 units to drop morale of the rest of the troops, ogre for level 5 unit, (i dont know if neutral races such as bears suffer morale penalties for undead and demons but if not maybe use orcs for level 3 units), and miners for level 2 units. I would imagine that it would be a bitch to beat with this army. Good luck with that